Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli is such an easy weeknight meal, juicy chicken thighs and lightly roasted broccoli in a sweet and savory marinade. Delicious!
One Pan Baked Chicken and Broccoli
All whipped up in the oven, this sheet pan chicken dinner really delivers! Super tasty and super simple, what’s not to love! Chicken thighs are coated with a lip smacking marinade, they come out tender and golden. While the broccoli has a wonderful crispy tinge to them. Healthy, hearty and easy!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner:
- Healthy: Protein packed chicken with nutrient rich broccoli, serve with some brown rice or quinoa for a healthy and delicious meal.
- Sweet and Savory: A maple mustard marinade adds a wonderful mix of flavors to this easy chicken meal.
- Super Easy: It all comes together on one sheet, just pop in the oven and voila! Less mess, less fuss.
Serve this alone, for a low carb meal, or amp up with your favorite sides!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a bowl, marinade your chicken in the maple Dijon mixture.
- In the oven, cook your chicken for 15 mins, on a sheet pan.
- Add the broccoli and drizzle with more marinade and cook for another 15 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
This sheet pan dinner has a unique marinade made of soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and Italian seasoning. It’s sweet, savory, tangy, and sure to satisfy!
Absolutely! One thing to keep in mind is that different vegetables bake at different speeds, so try to stick with vegetables that bake in the same amount of time as broccoli, such as cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, or asparagus.
Yes, you can use an 4 chicken breasts in place of the thighs. Watch the chicken more closely, as breasts take less time to cook than thighs. Start checking the breasts at 25 minutes and then every 5 minutes until they register 165°F internally.
Chicken thighs taste best and have the best texture when the meat registers 175°F internally. The meat should be pinkish-brown and no longer opaque.
Great for meal prep, this sheet pan dinner comes together so easily, it’s perfect for your weekly meal rota.
Store leftover sheet pan chicken and broccoli in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover sheet pan chicken and broccoli in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Feel free to change up the seasonings or the veggies in this dish.
- Seasoning: Swap the Italian seasoning for Poultry seasoning, BBQ seasoning, or Furikake seasoning.
- Veggies: Use veggies with similar roasting times to broccoli, such as carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, or Brussels sprouts.
It’s always great when simple ingredients come together so easily to create something so tasty! Sheet pan chicken and broccoli ticks all the boxes, healthy, hearty, versatile and hassle free!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken and Broccoli
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce see note below
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- Instant-Read Thermometer Optional
- Whisk together the soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Transfer about ½ cup of the marinade to a measuring cup.½ cup low-sodium soy sauce, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl, and let them marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken thighs on a sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and add the broccoli onto the pan. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of the reserved marinade over the chicken and broccoli. Give the broccoli a gentle toss. Then, return the pan to the oven to cook for another 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is browned and crispy and the chicken registers 175°F internally. If you’d like to brown the chicken thighs a bit more, remove the broccoli from the pan and place the chicken under the broiler for 3 minutes.6 cups broccoli florets
- Drizzle any remaining marinade over the chicken and broccoli before serving.
- Storage: Store leftover sheet pan chicken and broccoli in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Soy Sauce Note: GF alternatives – Tamari and coconut aminos