Combine chicken and pasta together with a flavorful sauce when following this recipe for Chicken Tetrazzini. It is a comforting meal that you can serve with a side of garlic bread.
Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
If you enjoy chicken, pasta, and mushrooms, this Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is a must-try. It consists of these three ingredients, along with plenty of cheese and a creamy sauce that brings it all together.
It is a great meal to serve for date night, but it is also a family-friendly meal that your children will enjoy. Serve it with a side of breadsticks or garlic bread and a glass of wine!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole:
- Comfort food: It is a creamy comfort food! When you want a satisfying meal, this is the one to make.
- Easy to make: You can make this casserole in no time, even on a busy night when you have a limited amount of time to cook.
- Simple ingredients: The recipe contains fresh ingredients, including mushrooms and chicken breast that will taste great when combined.
How to make Chicken Tetrazzini
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Boil your pasta.
- Saute your mushrooms in seasonings and butter.
- Add your flour, veggies, and milk to the mixture.
- Add your sour cream, wine, and broth.
- Then add your cheese.
- Add your chicken then add it to the pasta and sauce.
- Spread it all out in a casserole dish, and top with cheese.
- Bakefor up to 30 minutes.
Why is it called chicken tetrazzini?
Chicken Tetrazzini is a popular dish named after Luisa Tetrazzini, an Italian opera star. It is believed that the dish was first made in a restaurant in Luisa Tetrazzini’s place of birth.
What type of chicken do you need?
You will need shredded chicken for this recipe. You can use cooked chicken breasts shredded into pieces or rotisserie chicken that you have shredded with a fork.
What noodles work best for chicken tetrazzini?
Spaghetti noodles are the best noodles to use in this Chicken Tetrazzini recipe. However, if you do not have spaghetti noodles, you can use a few other options, such as egg noodles or angel hair pasta.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to shred your chicken before you prepare this dish. It takes less time and requires much less effort than shredding with a fork.
- Break your spaghetti noodles in half before you boil them. It helps to ensure they cook evenly!
- Make sure you have a large saucepan with enough space to fit all the ingredients, including your pasta and chicken before you transfer it over to the casserole dish.
Chicken Tetrazzini is a fantastic dish to make. If you want a creamy pasta dish that you can make with ease, try this recipe. It will not disappoint!
More Chicken Casserole recipes we love
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups cooked chicken shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; boil pasta to al dente according to package directions, draining and setting aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over high heat. Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes, then add onion and garlic. Continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and sprinkle the flour over the vegetables. Stir for 30 seconds, then add the milk. Stirring constantly, add the sour cream, broth, and wine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 ¼ cups colby jack and thyme, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and pasta to the sauce, tossing to combine.
- Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.