This White Chicken Lasagna is creamy, cheesy with a crispy crust. Perfect for the family, dinner guests, or for keeping all to yourself! Layered with spinach and artichoke, this is next level lasagna!
- Best White Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- How To Make White Chicken Lasagna
- Can You Freeze White Chicken Lasagna?
- What Vegetables Can I Use In White Chicken Lasagna?
- What To Serve With This Lasagna
- Recipe Tips and Notes
- More Italian Inspired Chicken Dishes to Try
- White Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Best White Chicken Lasagna Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, lasagna has to be up there as one of the most loved. This White Chicken Lasagna dials up the comfort, it’s rich, creamy and utterly delicious, your family will adore it!
How To Make White Chicken Lasagna
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
Brush the chicken breasts with oil, season with salt and pepper then bake for 25 mins. While the chicken bakes, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
To make the roux, add flour and cream, whisk and add in the chicken broth. Season the roux with oregano, thyme and garlic. Once combined add the chicken and spinach.
In another pot mix, the ricotta, eggs and artichokes. Then, in a large baking dish, layer in your lasagna sheets with the ricotta sauce and the creamy chicken mixture. Sprinkle some cheese on top and then bake the lasagna for 20 mins.
Allow to cool and then enjoy!
Can You Freeze White Chicken Lasagna?
To prepare the lasagna for freezing, allow to cool, cover each portion with the lid and then freeze. They will keep for up to one month. To cook from frozen, preheat the oven to 180C/350F, but cook for one hour.
You can either assemble the lasagna in a freezer-safe container or you can place leftovers into an airtight plastic container or freezer bags.
If you already baked the lasagna, allow it to cool to room temperature, but you can freeze lasagna before you cook it as well.
What Vegetables Can I Use In White Chicken Lasagna?
For this recipe, I used spinach and artichoke. You could also use kale, or another hardy green. If you want to add more veggies to this dish by all means go for it! But make sure your veggies are cut thinly and cooked first before adding to your spinach.
It’s a versatile dish when it comes to veggies, you could go for portabella mushrooms, squashes, olives, peppers…lots of options!
What To Serve With This Lasagna
This hearty white chicken lasagna is a meal in itself but also works great with a number of sides. Here’s some ideas:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Sauteed Carrots With Scallions And Thyme
- Spicy Cheesy Broccoli
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Don’t let the sheets get clumpy. Once you’ve cooked your noodles to just under al dente, do not—dump them in a colander to drain in the sink as you prepare the sauce and cheese. They’ll quickly become a clumpy. Instead, after you’ve drained the pot, lay each noodle flat on an oiled baking sheet.
- Make sure you have enough layers. You should have at least three layers!
- Avoid a dry lasagna. If you leave your lasagna uncovered in the oven, it will become dry. Use a foil-topped tray for a portion of the baking time. Once the lasagna has baked halfway through, remove the foil so the top can brown.
- Let lasagna cool for 10 minutes before serving.
More Italian Inspired Chicken Dishes to Try
- Chicken Alfredo
- Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Piccata
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Florentine
- Classic Chicken Lasagna
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
White Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oregano divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme divided
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- pinch black pepper
- 14 ounces quartered artichokes 1 can, drained
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place the chicken breasts on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Brush with olive oil.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt.½ teaspoon salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow to cool until it’s easy to handle.
- Shred chicken breasts with two forks.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions, set aside.1 pound lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.2 tablespoons butter
- Add flour, mix to dissolve.1 tablespoon flour
- Slowly add heavy cream, whisking to form a roux.¾ cup heavy cream
- Whisking, slowly add in chicken broth.1 cup chicken broth
- Season the sauce with oregano, thyme, salt, and garlic.2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 cloves garlic, pinch black pepper
- Add spinach and shredded chicken, mix to incorporate with the sauce.1 cup spinach, 2 cups shredded chicken
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and egg, mix until smooth.16 ounces ricotta cheese, 1 large egg
- Fold in artichokes and ½ cup cheese.14 ounces quartered artichokes, 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large baking dish, start with a single layer of lasagna noodles to cover the bottom.
- Top that with a thick layer of ricotta cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of lasagna noodles.
- Top with a thick layer of the creamy chicken spinach mixture.
- Repeat the layers in the same order.
- Top with one last layer of lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top layer of noodles.8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Broil 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top (optional).
- Let lasagna rest for about 10 minutes, then serve warm.