Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup is the coziest, creamiest and heartiest soup! Topped with ricotta cheese and packed with veggies, it’s always such a hit with the family. The best part is how quick and easy it is to toss together!
- What’s in Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup?
- Can I boil the pasta in the soup?
- How to Store and Reheat
- How to Freeze
- Notes from the Test Kitchen
- Top Reader Review
- More Chicken Soup Recipes We Love
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup Recipe
- How to Make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup Step by Step
What’s in Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup?
Tender shredded chicken is served in a creamy, garlicky soup with silky lasagna noodles and various veggies with a dollop of ricotta on top… I might just be drooling.
- Lasagna: You can use any cut of pasta in place of broken lasagna noodles.
- Chicken Broth: Make this lasagna soup the absolute best it can be with homemade chicken broth!
- Spinach: You can swap this with kale if preferred.
Can I boil the pasta in the soup?
If you are pressed for time you can simmer the noodles with the soup. Add 1 extra cup of broth or water to make up for what the noodles will absorb. They’ll likely take about 12–14 minutes to cook with soup.
How to Store and Reheat
Refrigerate for up to 4 days. The pasta may soak up some of the liquid, you can adjust by adding more broth. Also, if you are making ahead of time it would be a good idea to boil the lasagna noodles separately and then add them before eating.
To reheat your leftovers, simply microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time it stops until warmed all the way through.
How to Freeze
The soup will freeze great without the pasta or cheeses mixed in. Freeze cheeses and pasta separately (lightly rinse pasta, drain then drizzle and toss with a little oil so it doesn’t stick excessively).
Notes from the Test Kitchen
You can save some time by using leftover chicken if you happen to have some! We usually make a big batch of Crockpot shredded chicken or Instant Pot shredded chicken at the top of the week so we can use it in recipes like this one.
Top Reader Review
“This recipe is the best, you owe it to yourself to make it. Absolutely wonderful.” – Henrietta R.
More Chicken Soup Recipes We Love
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crack Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
For the Lasagna Soup:
- ½ pound lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 2 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup white onions diced
- 1 cup carrots sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- cooked chicken shredded or sliced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
For the Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry.1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.1 tablespoon olive oil, pinch salt
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, shred with a fork or slice into thin pieces.
For the Lasagna Soup:
- Break lasagna noodles into 1-2inch pieces.½ pound lasagna noodles
- Boil according to package instructions, set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the flour, whisk until flour dissolves into butter.2 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- Keep whisking and slowly add the heavy cream, to make a roux.1 cup heavy cream
- Add the chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste; bring to boil, reduce to simmer.6 cups chicken broth, ¼ teaspoon salt, pinch black pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the remaining butter over medium heat.4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the onions and carrots, sauté 5-6 minutes until vegetables soften.1 cup white onions, 1 cup carrots
- Pour the cream broth into the pot over the vegetables.
- Add the garlic, bring to a boil.2 cloves garlic
- Once boiling, add the spinach, chicken, and lasagna noodles.2 cups fresh spinach, cooked chicken
- Reduce to simmer.
- Add the grated cheese.½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.red pepper flakes
- Divide soup into bowls.
- Top each bowl with a heaping spoonful of ricotta cheese.1 cup ricotta cheese
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup Step by Step
Prepare the chicken: Brush 1 lb of chicken breasts with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake at 400°F for 22-25 minutes. Cool, then either shred or slice.
Cook the pasta: Break 1/2 lb lasagna noodles into 1-2 inch pieces. Cook according to package instructions, then set aside.
Make the cream sauce: Melt 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in 2 tbsp flour until it dissolves into the butter. Continue whisking and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream to form a roux. Pour in 6 cups chicken broth and salt and pepper (to taste). Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
Sauté the veggies: Melt the remaining butter (2 tbsp) in a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 cup chopped onions and 1 cup thinly sliced carrots and sauté for 5-6 minutes to soften the veggies.
Mix it all together: Pour the cream sauce into the pot with the vegetables. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic and bring to a boil. Mix in 2 cups spinach, cooked chicken and cooked lasagna noodles. Reduce to a simmer and add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (to taste). Once you pour each serving into bowls, top with ricotta cheese (1 cup total).