This Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup Recipe is the coziest, creamiest and heartiest soup! Topped with ricotta cheese and packed with veggies, it’s going to be a hit with the family, plus it’s really quite simple to put together too!
This Lasagna Soup recipe is pure comfort in a pot! Succulent shredded chicken, in a creamy, garlicky soup, topped with silky lasagna noodles and swimming with veggies, and then a dollop of ricotta on top. Based on the classic chicken alfredo pasta dish, this is a real winter warmer!
How To Make This Lasagna Soup Recipe – Step By Step
What Is Lasagna Soup?
If you’ve never had lasagna soup, this is something you have to try. Think of a super extra chicken noodle soup, but creamier, and packed with way more flavor! It’s like eating lasagna, except it’s a lot easier to make and a lot faster! If you are craving a hearty pasta dish, but don’t have the time (or energy) then this lasagna soup is here to save the day!
Can I Boil The Pasta In The Soup?
If you are pressed for time you can simmer the noodles with the soup. Add 1 extra cup of broth or water to make up for what the noodles will absorb. They’ll likely take about 12 – 14 minutes to cook with soup.
Can I Freeze This Soup?
The soup will freeze great without the pasta or cheeses mixed in. Freeze cheeses and pasta separately (lightly rinse pasta, drain then drizzle and toss with a little oil so it doesn’t stick excessively).
Top Tips For This Lasagna Soup Recipe
- You can use any cut of pasta in place of broken lasagna noodles.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 nights. The pasta may soak up some of the liquid, you can adjust by adding more broth.
- This soup is really a complete meal, but you can add some garlic bread on the side, which is super comforting!
- Also, if you are making ahead of time it would be a good idea to boil the lasagna noodles separately and then add them before eating.
Check Out These Other Hearty Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Healthy Chicken Soup with Kale
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup
- Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Italian Wedding Soup with Chicken Meatballs
Have you tried this Lasagna Soup recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Soup
For the Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Soup
- ½ pound lasagna noodles
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 2 tbsp white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup white onions chopped small
- 1 cup carrots sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Shredded or sliced chicken
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
For the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Pat the chicken breasts dry
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- Bake for 22-25 minutes
- Allow to cool, shred with a fork or slice into thin, bite-sized slices
For the Soup
- Break lasagna noodles into 1-2inch pieces
- Boil according to package instructions, set aside
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Add the flour, whisk until flour dissolves into butter
- Keep whisking and slowly add the heavy cream, a roux will form
- Add in the chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste, bring to boil, reduce to simmer
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt the remaining butter over medium heat
- Add the onions and carrots, sauté 5-6 minutes until vegetables soften
- Pour the cream broth into the pot over the vegetables
- Add the garlic, bring to a boil
- Once boiling add in the spinach, chicken and lasagna noodles
- Reduce to simmer
- Add the grated cheese
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Divide soup into bowls
- Top each bowl with a heaping spoonful or ricotta cheese