Sweet and spicy Korean Fried Chicken is sure to get your tastebuds jumping! Made with gochujang, sesame oil, and fresh ginger, each bite is bursting with flavor.
Korean Fried Chicken Bites Recipe
Korean fried chicken bites are coated in a from-scratch sweet yet spicy sauce made with staples like sesame oil and soy sauce and hints of garlic, ginger, and onion.
Typically served with pickled radishes or cucumbers, these fried chicken bites are also delicious with rice. They’re sure to be a hit no matter how you serve them!
Why You’ll Love this Korean Chicken Recipe:
- SWEET AND SPICY: Each fried chicken bite is sweet with a little kick.
- EASY: With a few simple steps, this recipe comes together in no time at all.
- VERSATILE: While Korean fried chicken is delicious for dinner, make this recipe as an appetizer, for game day, or even as a side dish.
How to Make Korean Fried Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Coat the chicken in oil and seasonings.
- Fry the chicken bites in a skillet.
- Make the sauce.
- Add the fried chicken bites.
What kind of chicken should I use?
For best results, use boneless, skinless chicken cut into small pieces. If you don’t have chicken breasts on hand, make sure the chicken you use is boneless and skinless.
Is this fried chicken spicy?
The gochujang Korean chili paste does add a little spice to these chicken bites. Combined with the other ingredients, each bite is more sweet than spicy, but there is a little kick!
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stove or in the oven so the chicken bites stay crispy.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Work in batches. Not all of the chicken will fit in the skillet at one time. While frying, make sure the chicken is not layered on top of each other.
- Golden brown. The chicken bites should be crispy! You’ll know the bites are done cooking when the outside is golden brown in color.
- Drain the oil. Before making the sauce, be sure to drain all of the oil, except 1 tablespoon, out of the pan.
Anytime is a good time for a batch of Asian-inspired Korean fried chicken!
More Fried Chicken Recipes We Love
- Oven Fried Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders
- Fried Chicken With Gravy
- Hot Honey Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Country Fried Chicken
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
For the Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup oil for frying
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons gochujang Korean chilli paste
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Cooked white rice for serving
- Chopped green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sesame oil, salt, ground ginger, and pepper. Stir well.1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the cornstarch and toss to fully coat the chicken pieces.½ cup cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towel and set aside.¾ cup oil
- Fry the chicken in batches. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towel. Turn off the heat.
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, water, gochujang, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.¼ cup honey, ¼ cup soy sauce, 3 tablespoons water, 3 tablespoons gochujang, 2 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Drain or wipe the excess oil from the pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and fresh ginger to the pan. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in the sauce and stir.¼ cup onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1 inch fresh ginger
- Combine the 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 teaspoon of water to make a slurry. Stir it into the sauce. Let the sauce sizzle for a minute until thickened.1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon water
- Once thick, turn off the heat, stir in the chicken pieces, and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, serve, and enjoy.2 tablespoon rice vinegar, Chopped green onions and sesame seeds
Leave a Review