Get all the tips and tricks to make perfectly hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot. Quick and easy to make, they are great for meal prep and a great healthy snack.
This is one of my greatest cooking tips I will ever share with you! This method for making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot guarantees perfect results every time and it’s so easy! So grab your pressure cooker and let’s go!
How To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Be sure to scroll down to get the full recipe!
Prep – Place the steamer rack trivet into the bottom of the Instant Pot and add the water. Place the eggs on the trivet.
Cook – Seal the lid and cook on high pressure and then natural release.
Finish – Cool the eggs in a bowl of ice water before peeling and using.
How Long Do They Keep?
I always like to make a batch of hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker as they keep really well. Once they have cooled to room temperature place them in an airtight container in the fridge and they will keep well for up to one week.
How Can you Use Them?
You will never be short of uses with hard boiled eggs! They are great to add to salads, a healthy snack and let’s not forget devilled eggs! I am always partial to a hard boiled egg sandwich!
Why cook them in a pressure cooker?
The main bonus of making hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot is that it totally takes the guess work out of things. You can just set the timer and leave them to do their own thing. You can cook up to eight eggs this way, so it’s great if you are making something like an egg salad or devilled eggs.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Use fresh eggs and free run / organic if you can.
- Do put the eggs in an ice bath once they are cooked. This will help them to stop cooking, firm up and make them easier to peel.
Peel the eggs the right way
The Kitchn recently tried 5 ways of peeling hard boiled eggs and picked their winner for their favorite way. Check it out!
More Egg Recipes
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 2-8 fresh eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Instant pot with steamer rack trivet
- Fit the steamer rack trivet at the bottom of instant pot
- Add one cup of water in instant pot
- Carefully place eggs on steamer rack trivet
- Cover and seal instant instant pot lid. Lock the steam valve
- Select the manual mode setting and cook for 6 minutes on high pressure
- Natural release valve for 5 minutes then quick release
- Prep a large bowl with water and add ice cubes in
- Carefully add the eggs in the bowl of ice and let them cool for 5 minutes
- Remove eggs from bowl of ice, peel and enjoy!