Packed with veggies, cheese and bacon, these Loaded Scrambled Eggs make for a hearty and delicious breakfast or brunch! Easy to make with just 5 mins prep and simple ingredients.
These Loaded Scrambled Eggs are so easy and quick to make. You’re looking at 15-20 mins from fridge to table. The ingredients can be prepped ahead of time, with most items already nestling in your kitchen.
It’s a versatile breakfast or brunch too, you can use different types of veggies or protein, if you like. This is an awesome go to dish you can have for breakfast lunch or dinner, really!
Table of Contents
Why These Loaded Scrambled Eggs Are So Good!
- A quick and filling dish that’s good for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner!
- Great for kids and packed with delicious veggies.
- You’ll already have most the ingredients in your pantry.
- A versatile recipe, you can mix in different protein such as chicken sausage or different veggies such as kale.
Ingredients For Loaded Scrambled Eggs
- Eggs – use fresh eggs and free range/organic if you can
- Bacon – look for one that’s nitrate free
- Veggies – such as; mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes and onions
- Cheese – use favorite shredded cheese. Cheddar works great but you could also go for mozzarella or jack, or a mix!
How To Make Loaded Scrambled Eggs
Be sure to scroll down to get the full recipe!
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt. Cook the veggies in a large pan over medium heat, until softened, then stir in the tomatoes and bacon.
Pour in the egg mixture and gently scramble to your liking. Top with cheddar cheese and chives.
What to Serve with Loaded Scrambled Eggs
Serve these loaded scrambled eggs topped with fresh chives and sprinkled with some shredded cheese. If you like a bit of a kick, try a drizzle of hot sauce or even some sriracha, so good! Finish off this meal with some crusty toast and fruit for an excellent and simple meal.
A Versatile Breakfast
The great thing about these Loaded Scrambled Eggs is you can easily swap in different types of ingredients. You can swap bacon for sausage and try different veggies, such as leafy greens. Chicken sausage would be nice as well as kale or baby spinach. The combinations are endless.
You can use whatever you have on hand. It’s always a great go-to breakfast. And if you’re avoiding carbs, these loaded scramble eggs is a great way to start the day with a hearty low carb meal.
You can even use these loaded scrambled eggs as a base for breakfast burritos, just add some salsa and diced avocados and boom! Another meal!
Top Tips For Loaded Scrambled Eggs
- A silicone or heat-proof spatula is the ideal tool for this job. A wooden spoon will work in a pinch, but it’s just not as good at getting into the seam where the sides of the pan meet the bottom. Don’t use a metal spatula, which could scrape and scratch the nonstick coating.
- Cook low and slow! Preheat the pan over medium heat, but don’t get too crazy with the flame when it comes time to actually cook the eggs. Scrambled eggs should be cooked slowly, over medium-low heat.
- For large, creamy curds, use a sweeping motion with the spatula, covering as much surface area as possible as you cook the eggs. For a smaller, finer curd, use small, rapid circles.
Use a non stick skillet. This is a job for your trusty nonstick skillet. Cast-iron pans are great, but unless they’re really well-seasoned, the eggs will stick to the bottom and sides. That means fewer eggs for you, and more scrubbing and scraping when it comes time for cleanup.
Check Out These Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Best Breakfast Recipe
- Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- Best Chicken and Waffles Recipe
- Eggs In Purgatory
- Healthy Omelettes
- Breakfast in a Bread Bowl
- Parmesan Eggs in a Hole
Have you tried these Loaded Scrambled Eggs? Feel fee to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Loaded Scrambled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add in the onion, bell peppers, mushroom, and a pinch of salt. Cook for a few minutes until softened. Stir in the tomatoes and bacon.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Gently scramble the eggs to your liking. Top with cheddar cheese and chives.