Soothe your soul with a creamy and comforting Chicken Pot Pie Soup made from scratch. It contains fresh ingredients, including chicken, celery, and potatoes in a creamy broth.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Make a comforting meal with this easy recipe for Chicken and Pot Pie Soup. It will leave you feeling full and satisfied with its creamy texture and incredible flavor. You can use fresh shredded chicken with vegetables to prepare this homemade soup with ease.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup:
- It’s the ultimate comfort food. It’s a comforting dish full of healthy ingredients that are good for you, including peas, corn, garlic, and more.
- You won’t need sides. The creamy soup will leave you feeling full, so you won’t have to worry about making extra sides.
- Super easy to make. It’s not hard to make the Chicken and Pot Pie Soup. It doesn’t take too many ingredients or too much time to prepare it.
How to make Chicken Pot Pie Soup on the Stovetop
- Grab a saute pan and add butter and the onions, celery, and garlic and allowing them to cook until they’re translucent.
- Add your flour into the pan and then stir before whisking in the wine and broth.
- Put your chicken into the pan with peas, corn, salt, parsley, poultry seasoning, and bay leaves. Continue to cook these ingredients for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream into the pan and continue to heat the ingredients before removing the bay leaves, pouring in a bowl, and serving.
What Type of Chicken Do I Need?
You’re going to need cooked chicken for this recipe. You can shred it into pieces beforehand. It’s best to use boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs that you can boil or bake and then shred.
Can I Use Homemade Biscuits?
You can use homemade biscuits with this Chicken and Pot Pie Soup. Use whatever biscuits you enjoy most. If you aren’t sure how to make them, you can use this Easy Homemade Biscuits Recipe.
Can I freeze it?
While you can freeze the Chicken and Pot Pie Soup, it may not come out as creamy if frozen because the milk tends to break when frozen and thawed.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- You can store the soup in an airtight container and place it in the fridge, reheating it in the microwave or on the stovetop when you want it.
- If you don’t have white wine, don’t worry about it. You can use the chicken broth without it.
- When you want the soup to cook a bit faster, microwave cubed potatoes for 5 to 10 minutes before you add them to the soup.
Enjoy a comforting Chicken and Pot Pie Soup that tastes great. It’s full of ingredients that are good for you and soothe the soul. The whole family will eat it up before you know it.
More chicken soup recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic 3-4 cloves
- 3 celery stalks diced
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes cubed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup corn fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 cup peas fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tablespoons parsley dried or fresh minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Biscuits homemade or canned for serving
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and cook the onions, garlic and celery until the onions are translucent.5 Tablespoons butter, 1 medium onion, 1 Tablespoon minced garlic, 3 celery stalks
- Add the flour and stir till well combined.⅓ cup all purpose flour
- Whisk in the broth and wine.5 cups chicken broth, ½ cup dry white wine
- Add the carrots and potatoes and cook till the potatoes are fork tender.3 carrots, 4 medium potatoes
- Add the chicken, corn, peas, salt, pepper, bay leaves, parsley and poultry seasoning. Cook an additional 10 minutes.2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, 1 cup corn, 1 cup peas, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 2 bay leaves, 2 Tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or bouillon
- Add the heavy cream and heat.1 cup heavy cream
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a biscuit.Biscuits
- You can omit the white wine and just use chicken broth. I find the white wine adds a richness to the soup and jumps it up a notch.
- To make this a bit faster, you can cook your cubed potatoes in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes so they won’t take as long to finish in the soup.
- Store leftover soup in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This soup may not come out as creamy if frozen. Milk products often “break” when frozen, then thawed.