Meatballs are so versatile and can accommodate any taste or flavor. This unique recipe for Greek Chicken Meatballs is the perfect blend of Greek flavors that will have you wanting more.
Healthy Greek Chicken Meatballs
If you would like to make flavorful meatballs for the family, try this recipe for Greek Chicken Meatballs. They consist of ground chicken mixed with breadcrumbs, garlic, dried oregano, and several other seasonings to create flavorful meatballs that go good with nearly everything.
Instead of frying these meatballs, you can prepare them in the oven for a simple, hearty meal.
Why You’ll Love this Greek Meatballs Recipe:
- Healthier: It contains ground chicken instead of ground beef, making these meatballs even leaner.
- Easy prep: Prep time is minimal. It will only take about 25 minutes for you to prepare the meatballs in the oven after you mix the ingredients and shape the meat into balls.
- Freezer friendly: These chicken meatballs freeze beautifully and make great leftovers.
How to make Baked Greek Chicken Meatballs
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Set your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Create your meatballs by forming them into balls.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake for up to 25 minutes.
Can I make these on the stove top?
If you do not want to put the oven on, you can prepare the meatballs on the stove top. You add some olive oil to a skillet before adding your meatballs into the skillet to brown. Brown each side 5 minutes and until there is no pink left.
Can you make the meatballs in the Air Fryer?
You can put the Greek Chicken Meatballs in the Air Fryer. If you decide to use the air fryer, make sure you do not overcrowd it by putting too many meatballs in it at one time.
Follow the cooking instructions on the air fryer chicken nuggets for directions and cooking time.
Or try these Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs.
What do you serve with Greek meatballs?
You can serve a variety of side dishes with your Greek Chicken Meatballs. Some of these sides include lemon dill rice, cucumber tomato salad, rice pilaf, or spinach. These are just a few of the sides that go great with the meatballs.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Use the juice of a fresh lemon instead of using bottled lemon juice. It brings more flavor to the meatballs.
- Feel free to use whatever bread crumbs you prefer. You can add extra spice by using Italian breadcrumbs.
- Consider preparing a fresh tzatziki sauce to serve over your meatballs. It is easy to prepare with Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, and a few other ingredients.
Greek chicken meatballs are a great way to switch up your basic meatball dinner. They are easy to prepare and make great leftovers. Add an easy homemade tzatziki sauce for even more Greek flavor.
More chicken meatball recipes we love
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Creamy Chicken Meatballs
- Curry Chicken Meatballs
- Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Italian Chicken Meatballs
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Greek Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 24-28 meatballs, and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 22-25 minutes until lightly browned on the outside.
- For a complete meal, serve with tomatoes, cucumber, tzatziki and your favorite grain.