If you’re in the mood for an easy and super tasty Italian-inspired dinner then these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are a must-make!
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
Chicken meatballs are coated in seasoned bread crumbs, fried to crispy perfection, and then transferred to the oven with marinara sauce and a generous topping of mozzarella cheese.
These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs can be served as a tasty appetizer or enjoyed as a main meal over rice or pasta with a side serving of salad and garlic bread!
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Parm Meatball Recipe:
- Beginner cook friendly: There’s nothing difficult about this dish and it doesn’t call for any extra or fancy kitchen appliances to make.
- Quick recipe: This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- Versatile: You can easily serve these meatballs as appetizers or over rice and pasta for a hearty main meal.
These tasty meatballs are inspired by the classic chicken parmesan! The same delicious flavor in the form of an easy appetizer.
How to Make Fried Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the chicken, bread crumbs, egg, and garlic.
- Assemble the meatballs and then freeze them for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the dredging station with the three bowls: one of flour, one of whisked eggs, and one of bread crumb mixture.
- Roll each meatball in the flour, dip them into the eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry 5-6 meatballs at a time for 6 minutes.
- Assemble the casserole dish with meatballs, marinara sauce and sliced mozzarella on top.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the oven.
- Place a basil leaf on top of every meatball and serve over pasta.
How Long Do I Bake These Meatballs?
While you only need to bake these meatballs for 8 minutes, you do still need to first fry them in a deep skillet for about 6 minutes prior to baking.
Can I Use Homemade Marinara Sauce?
Yes, you can! While store-bought marinara sauce is great to use for convenience, if you have some extra time then making your own marinara sauce from scratch is a great idea and will increase the overall flavors of your dish.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
These chicken parmesan meatballs can be stored with the leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze these meatballs once completely cool for up to 2 months. Flash freeze your cooked meatballs for 2-3 hours and then transfer them to an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat when ready to enjoy.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- These chicken parmesan meatballs are great for serving over rice but you could also opt to serve them over spaghetti or spiralized zucchini (as a low carb option).
- You can make your meatballs slightly smaller if you want to reduce the cooking time.
- Freezing the meatballs for 5 minutes helps the meatballs to keep their shape while being dredged for frying and cooking.
These chicken meatballs are a family favorite and super simple to make. Even better is the fact that you can make this delicious dish in under 30 minutes with simple pantry staple ingredients, making this one of my favorite chicken meatball recipes yet!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into slices
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Fresh basil for serving
- Cooked pasta for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs, 1 egg, and minced garlic. Mix well. Form into golf ball sized balls, place onto a plate, and freeze for 5 minutes.1 pound ground chicken, 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs, 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Meanwhile, heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok to 350°F.Vegetable oil
- Prepare a dredging station. Add flour to one bowl, whisk the 2 remaining eggs in the second bowl, and combine the Panko breadcrumbs, ½ cup of Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in the third bowl.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Remove the meatballs from the freezer. Roll each meatball in the flour until coated. Dip into the eggs, then roll the meatball in the seasoned breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs into the meatball to help them stick. Repeat this process for all of the meatballs.
- Working in batches of 5-6 meatballs at a time, fry the meatballs for 6 minutes. Add the meatballs to the hot oil, flipping them over halfway cooking to evenly brown.
- Arrange the meatballs in a casserole dish. Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs and top with sliced mozzarella.1 cup marinara sauce, 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Top each chicken parmesan meatball with a basil leaf and serve with pasta. Enjoy!Fresh basil, Cooked pasta
Leave a Review