Chicken Tostadas are easy to make and so much fun to serve! Crunchy tostadas are piled high with beans, flavorfully seasoned chicken, and fresh veggies. Make this easy dinner tonight – the whole family will love it!
Easy Chicken Tostadas Recipe
It’s time to break out of your usual weeknight dinner routine and have a little fun with these easy chicken tostadas! Sometimes, it’s fun to surprise the family with a new recipe, and these insanely good tostadas will do just that.
These tostadas also have everything you need in a well rounded dinner all in one meal! It’s got beans, chicken, and veggies all in one delicious bite.
If you have any extra tostadas after making this recipe, be sure to use them by making Chicken Tinga! It’s another easy Mexican chicken recipe that’s just as fun to serve.
Why You’ll Love this Healthy Chicken Tostadas Recipe:
- Kid friendly: This is a simple, fun dinner that the kids will LOVE. I mean, what kid doesn’t want to eat dinner with their hands?! The ingredients are also picky eater approved.
- Fresh: These tostadas have veggies like avocado, tomatoes, onion, lime juice and cilantro. Each bite is deliciously fresh!
- Satisfying: Between the crunch of the tostada, the beans of your choice, the flavorful chicken and the pile of fresh veggies on top, there’s no part of this tostada that isn’t totally satisfying.
How to make Chicken Tostadas
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season the uncooked chicken.
- Cook the seasoned chicken in a heated pan.
- Allow the chicken to cool for a few minutes before shredding it.
- Mix together the tomato, onion, and lime juice.
- Assemble the tostadas by first placing the beans on the tostada, then the chicken, then the fresh veggies.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Should I use refried or black beans?
The choice is all yours! Personally, I like to use refried beans because they spread nicely on the crunchy tostada. However, black beans are also a delicious choice! Just note that they might just a bit messier when biting into the tostada.
What other vegetables can I add on top?
To avoid the tostadas getting too big to bite into, I only add the essential veggies on mine. However, you could also add shredded lettuce or freshly chopped jalapeños to the tops of your tostadas!
Can I make these tostadas ahead of time?
Yes! However, I recommend not assembling the tostadas until you’re ready to eat them. The chicken and veggies will stay fresh in the fridge, in airtight containers, for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to serve them, reheat the chicken and beans before assembling the tostada.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Always garnish these with cilantro and serve with a slice of lime, unless of course it’s a picky eater! The addition of cilantro and lime adds a freshness to these chicken tostadas that just can’t be beat.
- If you want to spice things up, try adding chopped jalapeño on top of your tostadas. Also, they’d be nice and spicy with a drizzle of hot sauce alongside the sour cream!
- Don’t skimp on the seasonings, especially when cooking the chicken! The chicken is so mouthwatering when cooked with ingredients like lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. It would be a crime to make it bland!
Next time you need an easy and fun dinner to shake up your usual routine, this is the recipe for you! Made with simple fresh, and flavorful ingredients, these chicken tostadas are the ultimate weeknight dinner.
More Mexican Chicken recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Tostadas Recipe
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt divided
- 1 lime cut in half and divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- ½ cup of white onion diced
- 1 cups of refried pinto or black beans warmed
- 8 tostadas
- 2 avocadoes pitted and sliced
- sour cream for serving
- Fresh Cilantro for serving
- Add the chicken to a medium size bowl and pour over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of the salt and squeeze ½ of the lime on the chicken
- Mix to combine then heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for five minutes before shredding it into however big of pieces that you like.
- Mix the tomato, onion, the remaining lime juice and salt together in a small bowl until combined.
- Spread the beans on the tostadas, then add a handful of the shredded chicken, a few slices of avocado a spoonful of the tomato mixture and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Serve immediately with cilantro.
- Makes 8 chicken tostadas. (Serving size is 2 per person).
- These tostadas should not be stored once assembled, but the chicken and tomato mix can be stored in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 3 days.