This Chicken Shawarma Wrap is irresistibly good! The Chicken Shawarma is coated in a delicious marinade, an addictive mix mix of savory garlic, sweet spices like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, and tangy yogurt and lemon. Serve in bread, on rice, or even with fries – so good!
This chicken shawarma is perfect for a wrap but it’s so tasty and versatile, you can top salads with it or snack on the chicken plain. It’s just that good. You could really use this flavorful chicken for anything. Plus it’s really, really easy to make.
How To Make This Chicken Shawarma Wrap – Step By Step
What Is Chicken Shawarma?
This isn’t an authentic shawarma because this is oven roasted, it’s usually prepared on a spit and it can be grilled for as long as a day. Well I don’t have a day so this is the speedy method.
However it is important to marinate your chicken, the flavors here are to die for, and the chicken will melt in your mouth. If you want more heat you can add some red pepper flakes.
What Type Of Chicken Is Best For This Chicken Shawarma Wrap?
For this chicken shawarma wrap I used chicken thighs, this gives you a flavorful chicken with some delicious fattier bits, which will make it a little more like the rotisserie style chicken shawarma you get at restaurants. You can use chicken breast too.
A Great Make Ahead Meal
This Chicken Shawarma Wrap is a great make ahead meal. Pop the marinade and chicken in a ziplock bag and freeze straight away. Then as it defrosts, it will marinate!
Top Tips For This Chicken Shawarma Wrap
- If you want more caramelisation you can cook on a BBQ or stove.
- Chicken thigh is the most authentic cut for Shawarma but you can use breast.
- Allow chicken to marinade for at least an hour.
- Serve the chicken wrap with some yogurt of tzatziki.
Check Out These Other Delicious Chicken Wraps And Sandwiches
Have you tried this Chicken Shawarma Wrap? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Add in the spices and whisk to combine. Add in the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the chicken out on a greased baking sheet. Use 2 baking sheets if needed. Roast the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the edges have slightly charred.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes. Then, slice into small strips.
- Serve the chicken with pita bread, tomato, cucumber slices, red onion, tzatziki sauce, hummus and feta cheese.