Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce are a great easy chicken appetizer or main course bursting with flavor, but oh so simple. This easy peanut sauce recipe is the ultimate satay sauce for dipping, drizzling, marinating, and more!
Easy Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
These satay chicken skewers have it all. They are juicy, tender and addictingly delicious! They are a mix of sweet and sour and a tiny bit spicy.
The satay chicken skewers are the perfect dish for warmer days, when all you want to do is enjoy the sun, and not stay on top of the grill. All you have to do is pop them in the oven, for just 20 minutes, and your skewers are ready. They are so tasty, they will definitely become a regular dish in your household and a family favorite.
Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce make a delicious appetizer OR main course!
How to make Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce – Step by Step
The best part, is that these satay chicken skewers are really easy to make! You simply incorporate all of your ingredients in a big bowl. You marinate your chicken -have a little patience here- it will pay off.
The more time you let the chicken sit in the marinade the more flavor you’ll get! And last, but not least, you thread the chicken through the skewers and bake ’em. Finish them off with some coriander, sesame seeds and chili flakes and DONE!
NOTE: You can also go skewer-less if you prefer. The flavors will remain the same. But, come on! Chicken on skewers is just so much more fun, especially if you’ve got little ones. Nothing like dipping a skewer into a delicious satay sauce!
What to serve with Chicken Satay
If serving this easy chicken satay recipe as a main course, I suggest serving with steamed rice. Because chicken and rice is ALWAYS a good idea! The satay chicken skewers are best served warm out of the oven!
Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 limes
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized chunks.1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a large bowl, whisk the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, chili powder, kosher salt, and juice of 2 limes until smooth. Save half of the sauce for later to use as a dip.1 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce, ½ tablespoon garlic powder, ½ tablespoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, 2 limes
- In the remaining sauce, add the chicken thighs. Rub the sauce so that they are all evenly covered. Let them marinate in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a rack on it.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and thread them on the skewers. About four pieces on each skewer.
- Lay chicken skewers on the prepared rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with some finely chopped fresh coriander, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.½ teaspoon sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Serve with satay sauce while the skewers are still warm!