This delicious dump and go recipe is perfect when you want an effortless family dinner that everyone will love. This Crockpot peanut chicken is made with coconut milk and is perfectly sweet and tangy with just about the right amount of spice.
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
This is a true dump and go recipe, and it comes out so good you guys! Made with chicken breast, red chili paste, coconut milk and peanut butter, it’s full of flavor and the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and tangy.
If you love Thai cuisine, you’ll love this!
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Peanut Chicken Recipe:
- So easy: This recipe requires no more than 10 minutes of hands on cooking time.
- Easy to adapt: Whether you like spicy food or prefer it on the milder side, you can easily adapt this recipe to suit your tastes.
- One pot: This whole dish is all prepped and cooked in the slow cooker, so clean up is a breeze!
How to make Crockpot Peanut Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the chicken and bell pepper.
- Cook on low.
- Once ready, stir and serve.
Can you make this with chicken thighs?
Yes, you can make this with skinless boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts if that’s what you have to hand or prefer. The recipe will remain the same with either option.
Can you make it ahead of time?
Once you have made this Crockpot peanut chicken, it can sit in the slow cooker on the warm setting for up to two hours.
If you have leftovers, they will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated in the stovetop to serve.
What do you serve it with?
This is great to serve over rice or rice noodles, and for a fuller meal it’s perfect to serve with naan bread.
I like to serve with some sliced green onions for freshness and fresh lime juice to cut through the creaminess. Feel free to top off with some fresh cilantro as well.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- The amount of red chili paste will add a nice but bearable tanginess to the sauce. If you prefer it less spicy, add only 1 teaspoon.
- If you like it more spicy, you can add in some fresh red chilies to the slow cooker.
- Don’t cook this Crockpot peanut chicken on high if it is not absolutely necessary. The coconut milk might curdle when it gets too high. This is only an aesthetic problem, it doesn’t change the taste or quality of the dish.
This Crockpot peanut chicken is such a flavorful dish, I promise you, you won’t be disappointed! It’s such a wonderful homemade meal and will easily rival your favorite takeout spot!
More Asian Chicken Recipes
- Asian Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Szechuan Chicken
- Hunan Chicken Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot Peanut Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½ inch cubes
For the sauce:
- 1 can coconut milk 14 ounces
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste note 1
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced or grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- Stir together all ingredients for the sauce directly in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and the bell pepper, give it a good stir and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours, depending on the size of your chicken pieces (note 2).
- Give it another stir and serve over rice or naan bread with scallion rings and fresh lime juice. The juice will lighten up the heavy sauce and give it a nice zing.
- Note 1: This amount will already add a nice but bearable tanginess to the sauce. If you don’t like that, add only 1 teaspoon.
- Note 2: Don´t cook on high if it is not absolutely necessary. The coconut milk might curdle when it gets too high. This is only an aesthetic problem, it doesn´t change the taste or quality of the dish.