Make a creamy, flavorful meal with this Chicken Lazone with Pasta. It’s tasty, made from scratch, and the perfect recipe to prepare for dinner.
Easy Chicken Lazone Recipe
This creamy chicken dinner is one that everyone will love. It’s easy to make and is full of flavor.
This easy recipe is perfect to prepare for a date night dinner with your significant other. It’s also a great meal to serve your family when everyone is tired of eating the same meals all the time. If you’re looking for a simple recipe to follow, this is a good one.
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Lazone Recipe with Pasta:
- Creamy chicken dinner: The chicken tastes amazing with the right amount of seasonings and a creamy sauce on top of it.
- Simple ingredients: The ingredients are simple and you likely already have most of what you need to make this meal.
- Family friendly: It’s an impressive dish that both kids and adults enjoy.
How to make Chicken Lazone
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
1. Add your garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika to a bowl, mix well and then use the mixture to season your chicken breasts.
2. Melt butter in your skillet, add chicken to it, and brown on each side for about five minutes.
3. Remove your chicken from the skillet, set it on a plate, and put it off to the side.
4. Lower the heat on the stove to medium-low, melt more butter in the skillet, and add onion and garlic to it. Allow the onion and garlic to simmer for about three minutes.
5. Add your flour into the skillet and whisk it with the onion and garlic.
6. Pour your heavy cream into the skillet, scrape the bottom of the skillet with your spoon, and mix before allowing the sauce to simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
7. Once the sauce thickens, add your chicken back into the skillet and cook for an additional five minutes.
8. Serve over your cooked pasta. When cooking the pasta, follow the directions on the box to boil and drain before using.
What is Lazone?
Lazone is a creamy dish consisting of a flavorful sauce and boneless, skinless chicken breast. It’s often served with different types of pasta, such as penne.
What type of pasta do I need?
It’s best to use penne pasta with this recipe because it goes great with the ingredients. However, if you don’t have penne, you can use another option, such as rotini or rotelle.
Does this need to go in the oven?
You won’t need to use your oven to make the Chicken Lazone with Pasta. This dish is cooked on the stove top instead of the oven.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Parsley makes a perfect garnish for this dish.
- If your sauce looks too thin, leave it simmering for an additional minute or two to give it time to thicken.
- Serve this easy chicken dinner with garlic bread of broccoli.
If you want to make a creamy meal consisting of pasta and chicken, try this Chicken Lazone with Pasta recipe. You’ll season the chicken to perfection before preparing the sauce and tossing your ingredients together with the pasta to make an incredible meal.
More Italian chicken recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Lazone Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup butter divided
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Penne pasta
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk well. Dry the chicken breasts with paper towels, then season evenly with the seasoning mixture.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the chicken and brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt the remaining butter in the skillet, then add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cream, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring until the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and finish cooking for about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, garnished with parsley if desired.