Stay warm and full with this wholesome Bacon Chicken Chili recipe. Easy to prepare and full of fresh ingredients, it will quickly become a new staple in your household.
Bacon Chicken Chili Recipe
The Bacon Chicken Chili consists of fresh ingredients, including bacon, chicken breasts, broth, and Roma tomatoes, to create something naturally full of flavor.
It is meaty, loaded with protein, and just a tad bit spicy. You can serve it in a bowl with a side of crackers or crusty bread to dip in it.
Why You’ll Love this Bacon White Chicken Chili:
- Simple ingredients: All of the ingredients needed to make this chicken chili are easy to find and good for you naturally. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your home already!
- Easy to make: It is a simple dish that does not take long to prepare. Even if you do not have much time to make a meal, you can still follow this recipe and prepare the chili with ease.
- Freezer friendly: You can make it in large batches and store it in your fridge or freezer to save it for later!
How to make Bacon Chicken Chili
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the chopped bacon until brown, remove it from the pot, and leave the grease at the bottom of the pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and jalapenos to the leftover bacon grease and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken breasts to the pot with tomatoes, broth, spices, and green chilies. Allow the ingredients to cook together and come to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover it and let it cook for up to 10 minutes.
- Remove your cooked chicken.
- Grab your white beans and crush them to create a bit of paste.
- Toss your beans, bacon, chicken, corn and peas into the pot. Let it all simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove your pot from the heat, toss in the sour cream, and put your chili in serving bowls. Top with cilantro, tortilla chips and cheese.
Can I Use Cooked Chicken?
You can use pre-cooked chicken. You can shred the chicken into small pieces by using a hand mixer or chopping it with a knife. If you do use pre-cooked chicken, you can speed up the process of preparing this tasty chili.
Can I Make This Chicken Chili in the Instant Pot?
If you have an Instant Pot, you absolutely can use it for this recipe. You can follow the instructions from the Instant Pot chicken chili recipe, but cook the bacon in the inner pot first.
What Types of Beans Do I Need for Chicken Chili?
When making chicken chili, the only beans you will need are white beans. You should add at least two cans of these beans to your mixture.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- To save time, you can use leftover chicken. Shred or dice the chicken before adding it to the chili.
- If you want to adjust the spiciness of this chili, increase or decrease the cayenne pepper to your liking.
- Don’t worry about the jalapeno being spicy, it mellows out when you saute it.
- Make a double batch of this chicken chili and freeze some for later!
This bacon chicken chili soup is perfect on a cold evening but also makes a great weeknight dinner. You only need a few common ingredients to make this soup on the stove top.
If you are looking for a quick meal with simple ingredients that is full of flavor, you have to try this bacon chicken chili!
More chicken soup recipes we love
Chicken soup is genuinely good for the soul. If you enjoyed the Bacon Chicken Chili, we know you will love these chicken soup recipes:
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Bacon Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- 30 ounces white beans 2 cans
- 4.5 ounces green chilies 1 can
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno seeds removed, minced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Using a large pot over medium heat. Chop bacon into small pieces, add bacon and cook until done, remove bacon and set to the side. Remove some bacon grease but leave the majority.
- In the same pot; add chopped onion. Cook until translucent, (4 or 5 minutes) add garlic, jalapeno and cook until fragrant. (All of this should be cooked in the bacon grease)
- Add chicken breasts, green chilies, tomatoes, broth, and spices. Bring this to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 8-10 minutes. Once chicken is fully cooked (165 degrees internally), reduce heat to low. Remove chicken and using forks.
- Puree or crush ½ cup white beans into a paste.
- Add chicken, bacon, beans, corn, and peas into the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
- Spoon chili into bowls, garnish with crushed tortilla chips, cilantro, cheese. Enjoy!