This delicious Air Fryer Chicken Breast comes out perfectly cooked and juicy every single time. Coated in a sweet and salty maple syrup glaze, you only need 4 ingredients and it’s ready to serve in less than 30 minutes.
Why we love this Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
I can’t stop making this easy chicken breast recipe! Here’s why I always keep my air fryer plugged in and ready:
- Easy: Toss the chicken in the air fryer and consider the job done! Just don’t forget to season the chicken and flip it halfway through cook time.
- Versatile: While I love to glaze my chicken with maple syrup and season it with salt and brown sugar, there’s room for creativity! Let me know in the comments how you flavored your chicken breasts.
- Quick: This recipe will take you less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Can you make this recipe with chicken thighs?
Yes, thighs will work well for this recipe. They will take around 17 minutes, or if the bone is in, around 24 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked through, it should register at 165F.
How to Store and Reheat
You can store leftover cooked chicken breast for up to 3 days in the fridge. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container. To reheat, pop it back in the air fryer for just a few minutes.
How to Freeze
Let the cooked chicken fully cool to room temperature prior to storing in an airtight container. In the freezer, it’ll keep for up to 3 months. I recommend allowing the chicken to slowly defrost in the fridge prior to reheating.
There are so many sides that pair well with air fryer chicken breasts! Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes (This is great if you want to double down on that maple flavor)
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Pickle Brined Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chili Lime Chicken
- Air Fryer Firecracker Meatballs
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 trimmed large boneless chicken breasts (10-16 oz each)
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
If using smaller chicken breasts, (4-8 oz each) half the recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat airfryer to 380 degrees for 5 minutes while preparing chicken breasts.
To prepare chicken with rub
- Use a small spoon, or pastry brush and brush the top of chicken breast with maple syrup. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and salt. Divide rub equally and press on top of each chicken breast, pressing into the syrup so it is covered evenly.
To cook chicken in airfryer:
- Place prepared chicken breast in the basket. Select chicken, making sure the temperature is 380 degrees. Cooking time is 12-15 minutes for 4-8 oz chicken breasts and 16-20 minutes for larger breasts. Be sure to turn chicken over halfway so it is cooked evenly. (I drained the juices from the tray and basted the chicken breast with it before serving. Not necessary, because the sweetness from the rub was just enough extra flavor.)
- You can cook 4-6 oz. frozen breasts in the airfryer without thawing first, 24 minutes total- 12 minutes on each side will completely cook the chicken.
- The unfrozen chicken breast I used in the pictures were larger from the meat/butcher section of the store. The cooking time for larger breasts will be longer at 20 minutes. I did ten minutes on each side and they were good!
- When I make chicken in the airfryer, I use 90 seconds for each pound as guide cooking time, and it has been pretty accurate. Sometimes chicken breasts are thicker cuts, and need another minute or two.
How to make Air Fryer Chicken Step by Step
Add maple syrup: Brush the top of both chicken breasts with 1/2 TBSP maple syrup.
Add the rub: In a small bowl, mix together 1 TSP salt and 2 TBSP brown sugar. Gently rub and press this mixture all over each chicken breast.
Cook the chicken breasts: Place the chicken in the air fryer basket. Cook at 380°F for 12-15 minutes or 16-20 minutes depending on the size of the breasts. Flip halfway through cook time.