Lemon Parmesan Chicken combines savory Parmesan cheese with bright lemon for an unforgettable meal. Made in just 30 minutes, this easy skillet chicken recipe is creamy and citrusy!
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Meet your new favorite flavor combination – Parmesan cheese and zippy lemon! With hints of spring flavors, this fresh skillet chicken is divine. This simple yet fancy meal brightens up any night of the week.
If you’re in a dinner rut, mix things up with lemon Parmesan chicken!
Why You’ll Love this Skillet Chicken Recipe:
- QUICK: I often turn to skillet chicken recipes when I’m short on time. This lemon chicken is ready in just 30 minutes.
- DELICIOUS: Juicy, tender chicken pairs wonderfully with a from scratch lemon cream sauce.
- IMPRESSIVE: Lemon Parmesan chicken is simply stunning. Serve with lemon slices for an extra touch.
Cooked to perfection, lemon Parmesan chicken is simple enough for busy weeknights yet fancy enough for dinner parties. It always impresses!
How to Make Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season and coat the chicken.
- Cook the chicken and set it aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Make the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices.
Yes. Use 4 chicken thighs instead of 2 chicken breasts. Season the thighs with salt and pepper (skip the flour) and brown them skin-side down in the melted butter. Flip once golden brown and sear the second side. Proceed with the recipe as written.
Chicken is cooked through when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads at least 165°F.
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Creamy lemon Parmesan chicken is delicious with just about anything! I love serving this skillet chicken with:
- A side of angel hair or spaghetti pasta
- Steamed veggies
- Roasted or mashed potatoes
No matter what you serve with this lemon chicken, be sure to sneak a taste of the sauce – it’s the best part!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Instead of 2 chicken breasts, try this recipe with 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Chicken is cooked through when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
- The creamy sauce is mouthwateringly delicious. If you have any leftover, drizzle it onto veggies, rice, or pasta.
I love how such simple ingredients combine to create something so flavorful and satisfying!
What can I use instead of white wine?
Replace the white wine with an equal amount of chicken broth.
How can I make this chicken recipe gluten free?
Replace the flour with an equal amount of a 1:1 gluten free flour substitute.
What kind of skillet should I use?
I recommend using a large, deep skillet so the chicken has enough space to cook evenly.
When you’re short on time, give lemon Parmesan chicken a try!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Lemon Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to create 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper to season
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into slices for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Season both sides of each piece of chicken with salt and pepper.2 chicken breasts, Salt and pepper
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and coat both sides of each piece of chicken. Set aside.¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Melt the butter and oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until both sides are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.½ yellow onion, 2 cloves garlic
- Pour in the white wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer to reduce for 1-2 minutes.½ cup white wine
- Stir in the chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer in the sauce until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and parsley.½ cup low-sodium chicken broth, ½ cup heavy cream, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1 lemon
- Storage: Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chicken Thighs: Use 4 chicken thighs instead of 2 chicken breasts. Season the thighs with salt and pepper (skip the flour) and brown them skin-side down in the melted butter. Flip once golden brown and sear the second side. Proceed with the recipe as written.
Leave a Review