For tonight’s dinner, make this simple, delicious, and richly Italian inspired Crockpot Tuscan Chicken. Chicken is slow cooked with sun roasted tomatoes and Italian seasonings, then served with pasta and tossed with homemade Alfredo sauce!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Unlike most slow cooker recipes, this Tuscan chicken takes under 3 hours to make! That’s right – no waiting around for hours on end while the kitchen smells like delicious food and your stomach growls. As far as slow cooker recipes go, this is a quick one.
And don’t worry! Just because it’s quick doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly delicious. This dish is intensely Italian flavored, creamy, and undeniably satisfying. Even the pickiest eaters at your table will be begging for seconds of this chicken and pasta dinner!
If you love Italian food as much as I do, you’ve certainly come to the right place. Be sure to try my Baked Ziti with Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Carbonara, and Tuscan Stuffed Chicken!
Why You’ll Love this Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe:
- Slow cooker recipe: The best part about using the slow cooker is knowing that every time, the chicken will turn out tender and delicious! Also, I love that the slow cooker pretty much does all the work for me.
- Italian: If you’re an Italian food lover, this recipe is right up your alley. With ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes and Italian seasonings, this dish is truly deliziosa!
- Satisfying: Between the tender, slow cooked chicken, the rich Italian flavors, and the bed of pasta tossed in creamy homemade Alfredo sauce, this is a dinner with a 100% satisfaction rate.
How to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken in a Crockpot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the Crockpot and season it.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook on high for 2-2.5 hours.
- Add the spinach and parmesan.
- Thicken the Alfredo sauce by removing the chicken and adding butter, flour, and pasta water to the sauce.
- Add in the pasta and chicken.
- Top with parmesan, serve, and enjoy!
How long will this chicken dinner stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, any leftovers you have will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
To reheat, I recommend popping everything back in the Crockpot on the high setting. Stir every 10 minutes or so until it’s thoroughly heated up!
How can I tell if the chicken is fully cooked?
Always use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken before serving. If the thermometer reads at least 165°F, the chicken is safe to eat!
When you slice the chicken, also double check that there are no pink areas. If there are, place the chicken back in the Crockpot and cook it until the meat it completely white.
What kind of noodles should I use?
I love using fettuccine pasta for this recipe! However, there are no rules here. Use whatever pasta you prefer!
Linguine, spaghetti, and even bowtie pasta are all examples of pastas that work well with this recipe.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Do not use whole milk instead of heavy cream! Heavy cream is what will make your sauce thick and creamy.
- For an extra Italian flair, sprinkle fresh parsley on top of your dish. It’s a great way to present the dish, plus, it’s delicious!
- Heat things up by adding a tablespoon of crushed red pepper to the Crockpot when cooking the chicken!
This Crockpot Tuscan chicken recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that never disappoints. It’s a creamy Italian dish that is pretty much perfection!
More Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we love
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fried Rice
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Crockpot Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Optional 12 ounce fettuccine pasta
- Add the chicken breasts in a single layer to the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle over the Italian seasoning, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Next, add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook on high for 2-2.5 hours, or until the chicken registers an internal temperature of 165F on an instant read thermometer.
- Add the spinach and parmesan and allow the spinach to wilt for 5 minutes.
- (Optional) To thicken the sauce to an Alfredo-style consistency, remove the chicken to a plate. Melt one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of flour in a large saucepan. Whisk in the sauce from the crockpot and thin to your desired consistency with pasta water (about 1/2 cup). Then add in the pasta and chicken. Top with parmesan and serve.
- Make sure to use heavy cream in this recipe– milk will thin too the sauce too much.
Chicken thighs would also be delicious in this recipe, although they will take longer to cook if still on the bone.
- While thickening the sauce is an extra step, it really makes a difference! I highly recommend it!
- For an extra kick, add red pepper flakes to taste.
Leave a Review