Hearty and comforting, Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is a quick and easy weeknight meal your whole family will love. Made with shredded chicken, mushroom soup, spaghetti, and lots of cheese, this is always a hit!
Easy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole with Velveeta Cheese
If you’re craving comfort food, you’re in the right place! Homemade chicken spaghetti casserole is loaded with spaghetti and extra cheese for a creamy, satisfying, and crave-worthy dinner.
Homemade casseroles are my family’s go-to for weeknight meals. They’re easy to prepare and quick to bake, and we often have leftovers to enjoy for a couple more meals throughout the week.
Be sure to try my Chicken Noodle Casserole and Chicken Enchilada Casserole too!
Why You’ll Love this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe:
- KID FRIENDLY: Your whole family, picky eaters included, will love this chicken dinner!
- EASY: Simply toss everything together into a casserole dish and pop it in the oven to bake.
- SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: This casserole is made with everyday ingredients, many of which you likely already have on hand.
How to Make Baked Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook the spaghetti.
- Combine the soup, broth, cheese, and seasonings.
- Add the creamy mixture to the spaghetti with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the loaded spaghetti into a casserole dish.
- Top with parmesan and bake.
What kind of chicken should I use?
For most casserole recipes, I like to use shredded chicken. Any kind works great – try leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken (wonderfully quick!), or even canned chicken.
If you prefer to use diced chicken, fully cook the breasts or thighs before dicing and combining with the rest of the ingredients.
Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
Yes! Prepare this casserole through step 5. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours until ready to bake and serve.
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until warmed through, or heat smaller portions in the microwave.
What should I serve with chicken casserole?
While delicious and filling on it’s own, serve a fresh side salad, roasted vegetables, or warm crusty bread with this cheesy chicken casserole.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Rotisserie chicken works wonderfully for this recipe. Instead of rotisserie chicken, try leftover grilled chicken or canned chicken.
- Instead of cream of mushroom soup, use cream of chicken soup for a slightly different flavor.
- Try adding additional veggies like celery or cauliflower to this casserole – they practically disappear!
Warm and comforting cheesy chicken spaghetti casserole is so simple to make and will quickly become a family favorite!
More Chicken Casserole Recipes We Love
- Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
- Chicken Tamale Casserole
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- Chicken Divan
- Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- 16 ounces spaghetti cooked al dente according to package
- 21 ounces cream of mushroom soup 2 cans
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 8 ounces diced pimentos 2 jars
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Parsley garnish
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper for some kick!
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Cook and drain the spaghetti according to the directions on the package for al dente. Return the cooked pasta to the pot.16 ounces spaghetti
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, cheddar cheese, Velveeta cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (optional) in a medium bowl.21 ounces cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1 cup Velveeta cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper for some kick!
- Add the diced chicken, pepper, onion, pimentos, and cream mixture to the pasta. Toss to combine.2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 green bell pepper, 1 white onion, 8 ounces diced pimentos
- Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese.½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until edges are bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!Parsley garnish
- Chicken: Rotisserie chicken works wonderfully for this recipe. Instead of rotisserie chicken, try leftover grilled chicken or canned chicken.
- Soup: Instead of cream of mushroom soup, use cream of chicken soup for a slightly different flavor.
- Suggested Sides: Serve with a fresh side salad and warm crusty bread.
Leave a Review