Sweet and savory Air Fryer Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings always impress! Air fried to perfection, these crisp yet juicy wings are a delicious addition to any game day spread.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
The next time you’re in need of an impressive appetizer recipe, give air fryer honey Buffalo chicken wings a try. Each chicken wing is juicy with a crisp exterior and coated with a homemade sauce. They’re sweet, spicy, and totally addictive!
This chicken wings recipe combines the best of sweet and spicy to create a truly unforgettable and flavorful appetizer
Why You’ll Love this Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe:
- QUICK: I love using my air fryer for chicken wings – they only take about 15 minutes to cook!
- FLAVORFUL: Coated in a homemade sauce, these wings are sweet, savory, and spicy.
- PARTY READY: Make these wings for parties, game days, and more.
Serve air fryer honey Buffalo chicken wings as an appetizer or enjoy them with side dishes to make a full meal. No matter how you serve them they’re guaranteed to be delicious!
How to Make Air Fryer Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the chicken wings.
- Air fry the wings.
- Make the sauce.
- Coat the wings and serve.
Buffalo Wings Ingredient Notes
- Chicken: Use chicken wing portions or whole wings. Both work great!
- Flour: Helps the wings crisp in the air fryer. For extra crispy wings, mix the flour with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder and kosher salt add flavor.
- Hot Sauce: Use any brand you like – keep in mind that you’re using a lot of it so you don’t want it to be too spicy. I love using Frank’s Red Hot for these chicken wings.
- Honey: Sweetens the sauce.
- Butter: Helps the sauce melt and adds richness.
Yes. Let frozen chicken wings thaw and pat them dry before beginning this recipe.
Use your favorite kind of hot sauce. Frank’s Red Hot is my go-to!
Wings are best enjoyed the day they’re made! I don’t recommend storing chicken wings as they lose their crispness in the refrigerator.
Add these honey Buffalo chicken wings to your next party menu! They’re always a hit and add a wonderful pop of flavor. Serve them with:
- Fresh celery and carrot sticks
- Your favorite dip like ranch or blue cheese dressing
The sweet and slightly spicy sauce takes these chicken wings to the next level!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer. Any wings that overlap won’t get crispy.
- For evenly cooked chicken wings, flip them halfway through cooking, about 8 minutes in.
- As the wings finish up cooking, make the sauce so it’s ready to serve when the wings are done!
Make these air fryer honey Buffalo chicken wings whenever you’re in the mood for something a little sweet, a little spicy, and totally delicious.
Can I use whole chicken wings?
Yes! Use whole wings or wing portions for this air fryer recipe.
Can I bake these wings in the oven instead?
Yes. Instead of using an air fryer, bake these wings in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. After 30 minutes, brush the honey Buffalo sauce onto the wings and bake again for 10 minutes, flip and brush the other sides, and bake again until crispy (or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F).
How spicy are these buffalo wings?
The spice level depends on the type of hot sauce you use and how much of it you add to the honey butter mixture. To make the wings spicier, add more hot sauce. To make them sweeter, add more honey. Customize these chicken wings to whatever flavor you enjoy most!
Serve these honey Buffalo chicken wings at your next tailgate or party! They’re crispy and full of flavor thanks to the perfectly sweet yet savory sauce. If you’re looking for a quick, delicious, and impressive recipe, these wings are for you!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
For the Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wing portions
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For the Honey Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Chicken Wings
- Add the chicken wing portions, flour, garlic powder, and salt to a large bowl and toss to combine.1 pound chicken wing portions, ½ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray (or brush it with olive oil) and add the chicken wings in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd the basket or they won’t get crispy.
- Spray the top of the wings with olive oil spray and cook for 8 minutes at 400°F.
- Flip over the chicken wings and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and set them aside while you make the sauce.
For the Honey Buffalo Sauce
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the hot sauce, honey, and butter.½ cup hot sauce, ¼ cup honey, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Whisk to combine. If the butter is not fully melted, heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and serve immediately.