No need to head to the local wing restaurant tonight – Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings are some of the best crispy wings ever! These homemade wings are even tastier than restaurant wings, too. Have fun with dinner tonight and make these incredible wings!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
There’s really nothing quite as satisfying as eating crispy, flavor packed white meat chicken right off the bone!
This recipe for easy air fryer garlic parmesan chicken wings is my latest go-to wing recipe. The air fryer cooks the wings to crispy, juicy perfection, and the mix of seasonings that coat the wings is SO mouthwatering.
If you want to get even more use out of your air fryer, you really need to make some Air Fryer Chicken Thighs and Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken!
Why You’ll Love this Air Fried Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe:
- Air fryer: I have a long list of reasons why I love using my air fryer. Namely, I really like that I can enjoy chicken wings without them being greasy!
- Flavorful: These wings are coated with seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasonings, then sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Trust me, they’re certainly not lacking in flavor!
- Fun weeknight dinner: Everyone in my house gets pretty excited when they realize we’re having these easy wings for dinner. Serving these wings is a deliciously fun way to get the family excited to sit down together.
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Combine the lemon juice and butter.
- Coat the chicken wings with the butter mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Coat the buttery chicken wings with the dry ingredients mixture.
- Cook the wings in the air fryer for 12 minutes, then flip them and continue cooking for 7 more minutes.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer and top with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Is this a diet friendly dinner?
The short answer? Yes!
Since these wings are cooked in the air fryer, and not deep fried in grease, they’re a healthier alternative to traditional chicken wings.
This recipe is also low in sodium, as it calls for unsalted butter. You can also nix the 1/2 teaspoon of salt to keep it truly free from sodium!
What should I serve with these garlic parmesan wings?
If you want to keep this dinner on the lighter side, I recommend serving these wings with a fresh side salad! Olive Garden Salad with Parmesan Dressing and Classic Caesar salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing both pair well with the garlicky wings.
Of course, Baked Sweet Potato Fries and Avocado Fries are also delicious when enjoyed with these chicken wings!
How long will these air fryer chicken wings stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, these wings will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
When you’re ready to enjoy them, reheat them in the air fryer at a low temperature for just a few minutes! The best part is, since you’re using the air fryer, they’ll be just as crispy and delicious as when you first cooked them.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- The best parmesan to sprinkle on top of these wings is freshly grated. When you freshly grate parmesan, it’s light and thin, making it perfect on top of the warm, crispy chicken wings.
- Always serve these wings with a cup of ranch or blue cheese! Celery sticks are also a must. Although they’re not traditionally deep fried wings, they still pair perfectly with those traditional sides.
- Don’t forget to flip the wings in the air fryer after the first 12 minutes! This step ensures that the wings are cooked evenly and are the same texture on all sides.
Have a delicious, fun, and irresistible dinner tonight when you make these air fryer garlic parmesan wings!
More chicken wing recipes we love
- Buffalo Wings
- Soy Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
- Garlic and Herb Baked Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley minced (optional garnish)
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit and coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the unsalted butter and lemon juice. Add chicken wings to bowl and coat each chicken wing with the butter mixture and set aside.
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt in another medium sized bowl. Coat each chicken wing with the flour mixture.
- Evenly place the chicken wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket making sure to not overcrowd.
- Cook for 12 minutes then flip each chicken wing and cook the other side for 7 more minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Plate and serve.
- Feel free to cook these longer if you like them to be even crispier. The amount of time in this recipe is my preference because it leaves the inside juicy and the outside just crisp enough.
- The cook time can also vary based on the air fryer.
Leave a Review