These crispy oven baked chicken wings are a perfect appetizer for a party, but also easy enough to make for a tasty midweek meal. This easy chicken wing recipe is a healthier alternative to the deep-fried variety! Baked in a honey, garlic and herb glaze, these chicken wings are finger lickin’ good!
As if the intoxicating smell of roasted chicken wasn’t enough, imagine it now with garlic, herbs, and a touch of honey. Chicken. Wing. Heaven. With a sticky-sweet garlic-honey glaze, you won’t be able to stop eating these baked chicken wings.
Perfect to bring to a barbecue, holiday, or party (or for an average Tuesday night) you will not believe how simple it is to have finger-licking good wings straight from your own kitchen.
An update from the classic buffalo or BBQ wings, this garlic and herb variation uses herbs de Provence, a mixture of dried herbs found in southeastern France. Don’t worry – the herbs are easily found at most grocery stores.
How to make Garlic and Herb Baked Chicken Wings – step by step
Making these baked chicken wings is divided into four easy steps:
- Season: oil, spices, salt
- Bake: 30 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Brush: coat every inch with the garlic honey glaze
- Broil: to your desired level of crispiness
Be sure to see the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredients and instructions.
What’s the best way of cooking wings?
Wings can be cooked in many ways, each with their unique style. Fried wings have a great crunch factor, but added fat. Grilled wings have a great smokey flavor, but they’re best saved for nice weather for grilling.
Baked chicken wings get a slow-roasted flavor and the broiler can be used to get a nice crispy exterior.
Easy chicken wing recipe
These baked chicken wings are an easy and fuss-free appetizer. No hot oil and no lengthy marinades or messy dry rubs, you just pop them in the oven and let them do their thing!
This easy recipe uses just a handful of basic ingredients, and you will have a tasty chicken platter on the table in no time!
How long to bake chicken wings?
I baked these chicken wings at 400ºf for just over 30 minutes and they were perfectly cooked and crispy. If you have a meat or instant read thermometer, the temperature for cooked chicken is 165ºf.
The chicken wings should be served to the table immediately along with your favorite dips and side salads.
Make it Easy
Whenever possible, I recommend buying the wings already separated into the wingette (also known as the flat) and the drummette. This saves time and frustration and, in my experience, is worth the extra dollar-or-so per pound.
More Top Tips
- Put the wings into a pre-heated oven for maximum crispiness!
- Use fresh herbs as a garnish.
- Use organic / free range chicken.
More delicious chicken appetizer recipes!
- Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce
- Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls (Southwest Egg Rolls)
- Buffalo Wings Recipe (THE BEST)
If you have tried this baked chicken wing recipe, or any other recipe on the blog, then please rate it and leave a comment below!
Garlic and Herb Baked Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings separated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/8 cup mild honey such as clover or wildflower
- chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, rosemary, chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine wings, vegetable oil, garlic powder, herbs de Provence, and salt. Use tongs to toss and coat evenly.
- Spread wings onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and use metal tongs to flip. Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, make the glaze. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add minced garlic and herbs de Provence and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add honey and stir until smooth.
- Once fully cooked, remove wings from the oven and change the oven to broil. Flip all wings skin-side up and brush with glaze. Broil for 2-4 minutes until crispy.
- Serve immediately, topped with chopped fresh herbs.