Next time you get a craving for your favorite fast food, skip the drive-thru line and make these homemade Chicken Crunchwrap Supremes! They’re not only fresher than the fast food option – they’re way tastier, too.
Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
Calling all Taco Bell fanatics! This easy recipe for homemade chicken Crunchwrap Supremes is going to seriously blow you away.
These Crunchwraps are easy to assemble and impossible to resist. They’re made with mouthwatering ingredients like shredded chicken, guacamole, and queso blanco. It’ll be a challenge to only eat one!
Why You’ll Love these Chicken Crunchwrap Supremes:
- Fun: Fast food for dinner is fun once in a while. Now, you can enjoy this famous fast food staple without any guilt! And after all, who doesn’t want a Crunchwrap for dinner?
- Fresh: Packed with guacamole, red onions, and tomatoes, every bite of these Crunchwraps is fresh and delicious.
- Filling: Even though they’re so good you’ll crave more than one, one Crunchwrap is sure to fill you up! These are great to make for a weeknight dinner, because you’ll know that no one will leave the table still hungry.
How to make Chicken Crunchwrap Supremes
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Rip a tortilla into quarters.
- Place the chicken in the middle of a tortilla.
- Drizzle queso onto the chicken.
- Spread sour cream on the tostada shell.
- Add the tostada shell on top of the chicken.
- Add diced tomatoes, onions, and shredded cheese to the tostada.
- Place a quarter piece of tortilla on top of the toppings.
- Fold the outer edges of the tortilla.
- Cook the Crunchwrap.
- Serve, and enjoy!
How can I make my Crunchwrap spicy?
The easiest and most delicious way to turn up the heat with your Crunchwrap is to add hot sauce!
Any hot sauce will do the trick. Whether you douse the top with hot sauce or sprinkle into the middle while you’re assembling the Crunchwrap, it’ll be nice and spicy.
Tossing some freshly chopped jalapeños in the middle of your Crunchwrap is also a surefire way to heat things up!
How long will they stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, these homemade chicken Crunchwraps will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to eat one, I recommend skipping the microwave! They’re bound to those their desirable crispy texture in there.
Instead, sear the Crunchwrap in a hot pan for a few minutes on each side. It’ll warm up your leftovers, and preserve the original texture.
What should I serve with the Crunchwraps?
Truly, these Crunchwraps are a meal all on their own!
If you’d like to throw some sides on the table with them, keep it simple with chips, guac, and queso. Plus… if you’re a cheese lover, it can be quite the treat to dip your Crunchwrap into even more delicious queso!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Store bought guacamole works just as well as homemade guacamole for this recipe. Once it’s smeared in the middle of the Crunchwrap and cooked, you won’t be able to tell the difference.
- While queso blanco is my favorite in Crunchwraps, yellow queso will also work in a pinch.
- Want to squeeze in more veggies? Shredded lettuce works perfectly! Just avoid adding too much so you can still easily fold the tortilla.
These homemade chicken Crunchwrap Supremes are what you need to make for a fun weeknight dinner! Shake things up at dinner tonight by following this simple copycat recipe.
More Mexican chicken recipes we love
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce
- Spicy Mexican Chicken Soup
- Mexican Chicken Sheet Pan Nachos
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Crunchwrap Supreme (Copycat Taco Bell Recipe)
- 5 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked & shredded
- 1 cup queso blanco
- 4 tostada shells
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Take one of the flour tortillas and carefully rip it into quarters, you will use these pieces when assembling the crunchwrap.
- Place a scoop of the shredded chicken in the middle of the flour tortilla, leaving plenty of room around the sides to fold the tortilla in.
- Next, drizzle a little (or a lot – I won’t judge!) of the queso blanco over the chicken
- Spread a dollop of sour cream on the tostada shell before adding that on top of the chicken and queso.
- Add some diced tomatoes, onions, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top of the tostada shell.
- Take one quarter of the ripped flour tortilla and place it over all of the toppings.
- Fold in the outer edges of the large tortilla, pleating the edges as you go.
- Carefully transfer to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until lightly browned before flipping and cooking the other side until each side is browned.
- Repeat steps 1-8 for each of the remaining crunchwraps.
- Serve with your favorite toppings (more sour cream and guacamole, hot sauce, etc)