Make a wholesome and delicious meal in one pan with this recipe for Chicken and Noodles. It’s a comforting meal that will leave you full and satisfied.
Hearty Chicken and Noodles Recipe
Chicken and noodles is one of our go-to recipes on busy weeknights. Everything is made in one pan and everyone loves it. It’s one of the best easy chicken recipes out there!
Why You’ll Love this One Pan Chicken & Noodles Recipe:
- Less dishes: You don’t have to worry about making a lot of dishes when preparing this meal. You can make it all in the same pan!
- Versatile dish: It’s a comforting dish that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner with family and friends.
- Healthy meal: The recipe contains lots of healthy ingredients, including chicken, celery, and carrots.
How to make Chicken and Noodles on the Stovetop
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Cook your carrots in chicken broth with bay leaf, salt, pepper, and thyme until your carrots become tender.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth, along with the celery, onion, and garlic, bringing the broth to a boil.
- Add your wide noodles into the broth, let it cook for five minutes, and then add your milk into the pan with the frozen peas.
- Grab a separate pan and combine the rest of the milk with flour to create a roux. Cook long enough to get rid of the white flour flavor.
- Add your roux to the pan with the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients, add your shredded chicken, mix well, and let cook until it thickens up to the perfect consistency.
- Remove from the heat and serve it in a bowl with some fresh parsley.
What type of chicken do I need?
You’re going to need cooked chicken for this recipe. It’s best to use a rotisserie chicken that you can easily shred into pieces. You can also use any leftover chicken that you have available.
Can I make this in the crock pot?
If you don’t want to use a pan on the stove top, don’t worry. You can make these delicious Chicken and Noodles in the crock pot. Check out my recipe for crock pot chicken and noodles!
Can I freeze chicken and noodles?
Yes, you can save the Chicken and Noodles if you’d like to keep it stored for more than a few days.
When you’d like to eat it, remove it from the freezer, let it thaw in the fridge, and then reheat it in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
One Pot Chicken Recipes to Enjoy
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Make sure you’re using a large pot to prepare this meal. You want to have enough space for all your ingredients.
- Feel free to use homemade noodles in this recipe. If not, you can get artisan noodles at the grocery store.
- Add extra ingredients for flavor, such as fresh parsley and smoked paprika. Some people like to add a bit of Parmesan cheese on top as a finishing touch.
Enjoy this comforting and delicious meal. The Chicken and Noodles will satisfy your craving for something that soothes the stomach and tastes amazing.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes we Love
- Best Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Ziti
- Baked Zit with Chicken Parmesan
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
One Pot Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- 3 cups shredded chicken cooked (rotisserie)
- 2 ⅓ cups chicken broth divided
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh sprig thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 pound dry wide noodles
- 2 cups milk divided
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large pot over medium high heat, cook carrots with 1 ½ cup broth, 1 bay leaf, salt, pepper, and dried or fresh thyme until carrots are tender.2 ⅓ cups chicken broth, 2 cups carrots, 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 fresh sprig thyme
- Add into the pot the remaining chicken broth, celery, onion and garlic and let come to a boil.2 ⅓ cups chicken broth, 1 cup celery, 1 cup onion, 2 tablespoon garlic
- Next add the dry wide noodles to the pot and cook for 5 minutes uncovered.1 pound dry wide noodles
- Then after 5 minutes stir in 1 cup of milk and the frozen peas.2 cups milk, 1 cup peas
- In a separate pan mix the remaining milk with the all purpose flour and make a roux by heating and slowly mixing the milk and flour. Be sure to cook off the white flour taste.2 cups milk, 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Next add this milk and flour mixture to the pot with the noodles, vegetables and broth.
- Finally add the cooked shredded chicken and let the soup simmer until thickened.3 cups shredded chicken
- Remove from heat and serve hot topped with fresh chopped parsley.2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Use a large pot to help prevent it from boiling over or splatters.
- This is delicious with optional toppings for the fresh chopped parsley. Grated or fresh parmesan cheese, black pepper are something I learned from an Italian friend. Also smoked paprika is a comfy option.
- Homemade noodles are an option, but you can use store bought or an artisan dried wide noodle as well.
- Will keep refrigerated in an airtight container or sealed with cling wrap for up to 7 days.
- Will also freeze well for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat on the stove top or in a microwave safe dish.
Leave a Review