This Greek Chicken Bake is a hearty one pan meal, packed with delicious Mediterranean flavors!
Succulent, hummus crusted, chicken is nestled among salty kalamata olives and tender artichokes, all topped with dreamy feta. Chicken bakes are such easy dinners, perfect for hectic weeknights.
Why this Chicken Bake is so good
- Hummus crusted chicken. Hummus proves to be a delicious crust. It’s salty, a little garlicky and also tangy, with some earthy notes and a hit of paprika – so good!
- Easy one pan meal. Just lay everything into a baking dish, into the oven, sip some wine and voila – done!
- Packed with Mediterranean flavors. Olives, lemons, hummus and artichokes, this is one loaded and vibrant one pan meal.
- Chicken Breasts: I’ve gone for boneless and skinless. Ideally go for free range/organic.
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper and paprika.
- Vegetables: Canned diced tomatoes, canned artichokes, onion, lemons.
- Olives: I’ve gone for Kalamata.
- Feta Cheese: Crumbled
How to make this Chicken Bake
Season the chicken and add to baking dish. Then spread hummus over each breast and sprinkle with paprika.
Add the tomatoes and artichokes to the dish, then lay on the lemon slices and place in the olives. Bake for around 30 mins, remove, sprinkle with feta.
Hummus Crusted Chicken
Only 3 ingredients are needed to make this delicious crusted chicken. Chicken, hummus and paprika. And the combination works great! The hummus helps lock in the moisture and the paprika adds a little kick.
An Easy Chicken Meal
This tray bake will become the star of your weeknight dinners. Who doesn’t love low maintenance midweek meals that can be prepared with the absolute minimum amount of effort, taste good, and ideally be eaten as leftovers over the following days?!
A quick coat of the chicken then lay everything into one pan and cook!
You may store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. It is best enjoyed cold the next day, you can even amp up a salad with it – so good!
Make it Dairy Free
To make this recipe dairy free, omit the feta. Easy!
More Top Tips
- You can use bone in chicken, but increase the cook time accordingly.
- This chicken is fantastic when diced up and thrown on a salad the following day.
- Feta cheese tastes best for greek style chicken recipe. But you could sub with other crumbly cheese like ricotta, halloumi, queso fresco, or goat cheese.
Other baked chicken recipes
Have you tried this Hummus Crusted Greek Chicken Bake? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Hummus Crusted Greek Chicken Bake
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Sabra Hummus
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes drained and rinsed
- 6.5 ounces artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion cut into wedges
- 2 lemons sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pat the chicken dry on both sides and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken to baking dish.
- Spread approximately 1 tablespoon hummus over each chicken breast, completely coating the top of each breast.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts around the chicken.
- Lay the lemon slices around the chicken.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with feta. Enjoy!
Leave a Review