These easy soft chicken tacos are so perfect for taco Tuesday! Quick and easy to prep and cook, chicken breast is seasoned with Mexican spices for a taco full of flavor.
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Why you will love these soft chicken tacos!
- What toppings do you put on chicken tacos?
- Can you use chicken thighs for this recipe?
- Can you make chicken tacos ahead of time?
- Recipe Notes and tips
- Easy Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe
- More Easy Mexican Chicken Recipes!
Easy Chicken Tacos
When it comes to tacos I’m generally a soft shell kind of a girl. Wrapped in flour tortillas, these easy chicken tacos are loaded with flavor.
Why you will love these soft chicken tacos!
- Flavorful: The chicken pieces are marinated in a blend of spices for a taco full of bold flavors.
- Easy: It takes 10 minutes to prep these tacos and 10 minutes to cook. Perfect for when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
- Customizable: This chicken is a great base for your tacos and can be topped with all of your favorite Mexican ingredients.
What toppings do you put on chicken tacos?
I love tacos because they are so easy to customize to your tastes. I like to make a taco bar with lots of different toppings so everyone can help themselves. Try topping these tacos with any combination of:
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
Can you use chicken thighs for this recipe?
Absolutely! Just cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and follow the recipe. They will require a little extra cooking time but will be just as tasty!
Can you make chicken tacos ahead of time?
These tacos are best served as soon as they are made. The chicken pieces are so quick to cook, you can pretty much make them on a whim! The chicken can be marinaded for up to an hour before you want to cook it.
Any leftover chicken can be kept covered in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and make a great addition to a salad the next day!
Recipe Notes and tips
- Warm the tortillas before adding the chicken so that they are soft and pliable.
- If you prefer hard taco shells, you can use those instead.
Easy Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 2 chicken breast cut into 1” pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes depending on spice preference
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ~1 lime
- 12 4-inch tortillas street taco size
- ¼ cup sour cream or Crema Mexicana
- ¼ cup pico de gallo pre-prepared
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 fresh jalepenos or red chiles optional
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a medium sized bowl or ziplock bag, then add thechicken, making sure the chicken is fully coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the time you have).2 chicken breast, 1 teaspoon paprika, ¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat a skillet/griddle pan over medium heat with oil and add the marinated chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and place onto a plate.
- Warm the tortillas and serve by adding in chicken filling and then any of the other toppings you fancy.12 4-inch tortillas, ¼ cup sour cream, ¼ cup pico de gallo, ¼ cup fresh cilantro, 2 avocados, 1 fresh jalepenos or red chiles
- Warm the tortillas so that they are soft and pliable, before adding the chicken filling.
- Feel free to use hard taco shells instead.
- Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to suit your taste.