If you love fluffy waffles, crispy fried chicken, sweet maple syrup and savory bacon, you’re going to love this easy recipe for Chicken and Waffle Sliders. These homemade sliders are the definition of mouthwatering!
Maple Bacon Chicken and Waffle Sliders
There’s nothing better than savory and sweet foods paired together, especially when those foods are waffles and fried chicken!
Next time you’re hosting brunch at your house, you have to use this easy recipe. Trust me, these sliders are sure to steal the spotlight. These brunch favorites will be even more popular than the mimosas!
Have a hankering for more fried chicken? You’ve gotta try my famous Fried Chicken Sandwich!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Chicken and Waffle Sliders Recipe:
- Crowd pleaser: Everyone gets excited when they see chicken and waffles! It’s a perfect go-to recipe for when you want to please a crowd.
- Homemade: From the waffle batter to the fried chicken, every part of these sliders is made from the heart, and it shows. The difference in taste between store bought and homemade chicken and waffles is huge!
- Quick to assemble: Once you’ve made all the ingredients, the steps to assembling these sliders are quick and easy. You’ll have a batch ready to serve in no time.
How to make Chicken and Waffle Sliders
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Stir the flour and baking powder together.
- Whisk in the eggs, milk, buttermilk, and melted salted butter until smooth.
- Separate the batter into two separate bowls.
- Add paprika and black pepper to one bowl and vanilla extract and brown sugar to the other.
- Use a waffle maker to make the waffles.
- Cut the chicken into 3″ pieces.
- Dip the chicken into the paprika batter.
- Fry the chicken in hot oil.
- Set the fried chicken on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Cook and cut the bacon into 2″ pieces.
- Place waffles onto a baking dish.
- Top the waffles with fried chicken and bacon.
- Cover with another waffle to create a slider.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and bake for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the maple ketchup in a small bowl.
- Serve the sliders with warm maple ketchup, and enjoy!
How can I make them spicy?
If you like a little heat with your chicken and waffles, try adding crushed red pepper or cayenne powder to the waffle batter!
You can also add a drizzle of hot sauce to the top of the fried chicken for an extra kick.
How do I know the chicken is fully cooked?
Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the chicken.
Once the fried chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F, it’s fully cooked and ready to serve!
The outside of the fried chicken should be crispy and golden brown.
What can I substitute the maple syrup with?
If you’re not a big maple syrup fan, have no fear. Honey works just as deliciously!
If you choose to use honey instead of maple syrup, and you like spicier food, try tossing some crushed red pepper in with your honey to turn up the heat.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- It’s very important to let the fried chicken drain on a paper towel before assembling the sliders. If the chicken is too greasy, the grease will drain onto the waffle.
- If you’re trying to avoid eating red meat, turkey bacon also works perfectly with this recipe!
- These Southern sliders are best served warm. Try not to make them too early in advance!
Juicy fried chicken and bacon sandwiched between two homemade waffles is the definition of Southern comfort food! Use this slider recipe at brunch to impress all of your family and friends.
More brunch recipes recipes we love
- Loaded Scrambled Eggs
- Chicken and Waffles Casserole
- Breakfast Bread Bowls
- Huevos Rancheros
- Croissant French Toast Bake
- French Toast Sticks
- Classic Chicken and Waffles
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken and Waffle Sliders with Bacon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 3” pieces
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz Bacon
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Add all purpose flour to a medium mixing bowl. Stir in baking powder. Add eggs, milk, buttermilk, and melted salted butter. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Separate into two bowls. Add paprika and black pepper to one bowl and vanilla extract and brown sugar to the other. Whisk well to combine.
- Heat waffle maker. Pour batter into the waffle maker and close. For this, we used a belgion waffle maker, but a mini waffle maker would work as well! Set aside waffles and cover to keep warm. If using a belgium waffle maker cut waffles into 4 sections.
- Heat 3” of canola oil in a dutch oven or saucepan to 350*
- Cut chicken into 3” pieces. Dip each piece of chicken into the batter with paprika. Carefully add to the hot oil and fry for 4 minutes, flipping halfway if necessary. Set onto a paper towel lined plate to allow excess oil to drip off. *test to be sure internal temp has reached 165*
- Cook the bacon and cut into 2” pieces.
- Place waffle “buns” into a casserole dish or on top of a baking sheet. Top each waffle with fried chicken and bacon. Cover with waffles to create a slider. Drizzle maple syrup over the top
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While sliders are baking, prepare maple ketchup. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat. Serve warm with maple ketchup and drizzle with maple syrup. Enjoy!