Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is a staple at our house! This easy recipe for How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup is one you’ll make again and again.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
This one is for all you soup lovers out there. This really easy to make, yet oh so delicious chicken noodle soup combines it all. It’s both healthy, light and super cozy. This chicken noodle soup is perfect for when you want a minimal effort, but still full of rich flavor soup.
Does it still qualify as soup weather? I suppose it depends on where you live. But lemme tell you, even if it doesn’t, this delicious antioxidant soup is an all-time favorite for all year around.
Chicken Noodle Soup for Treating Colds
During springtime, it’s common that the weather is going from wind and rain to sunshine and warmth and then back to cold again. It’s during those weather switches that many of us end up coming down with colds. We’ve got you covered though!
The minute you begin to feel a bit under the weather, this chicken noodle soup is the perfect feel good comfort food that’ll make you feel a little better for sure! The antioxidant properties of the turmeric and ginger are the perfect immune system boosters.
Ingredients for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
This colorful and cozy soup has lemongrass, ginger, turmeric, leeks, lime, onions and herbs that all work together to make this delicious soup burst with flavors. The fragrant lemongrass paired with the lime and coriander definitely give a fresh kick to this cozy chicken noodle soup. All in all, this soup is packed with nutrients and vitamins from all the veggies and herbs.
Go ahead and add more greens if you are feeling up to it! This soup is a great way of adding an extra portion of veggies to your meal, especially if you have fussy eaters in your home.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup – Step by Step
- Peel and chop vegetables.
- Add chicken and vegetables to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Let cook for 1.5 hours (all the flavor!)
- Add noodles and bring to a boil.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is not only healthy and delicious, but one of the most perfect comfort foods. Because few things are as comforting and satisfying as noodles. What type of noodles you ask? Your favorite type! This recipe was made with egg noodles, but other kinds will work just fine if you aren’t an egg noodle fan.
Variations for Making Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Whenever I’m feeling a little indulgent I like to add a little butter instead of olive oil in the recipe. The difference is ever so slight, but the combination of a buttery chicken broth with noodles is insanely good.
What kind of Chicken to use in Chicken Noodle Soup
Let’s talk a little bit about the chicken. Very often, chicken breast instead of chicken thighs and legs are used in chicken noodle soups. In this particular recipe though, it is the bone-in thighs and legs that will make all the difference. They will bring out all the delicious chicken flavor and elevate the taste of the soup.
Other Chicken Soups and Chilis we LOVE!
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Creamy White Chicken Chili with Cream Cheese
- Creamy Chicken Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Homemade Chicken Broth
This hearty chicken noodle soup will fill you up, but you’ll also feel light afterwards. Making it the perfect meal if you want to have a little bit of a detox. Everything about this soup is super simple. But sometimes simple is all you need!
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try this ultimate comfort food let it warm your heart!
Other chicken recipes you’ll love:
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken parts thighs and legs 4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1 chopped leek
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 lemongrass stalks finely chopped 1 tsp chopped spring onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Peel and chop carrots and leek
- In a large pot add the chicken thighs, carrots, onions, leek, lemongrass, ginger, tomato paste, butter or olive oil and bring to boil
- Simmer for 1.5 hours
- Add noodles and boil according to package instructions. For this recipe, egg noodles were used and 8 minutes were sufficient
- Remove chicken pieces from soup and remove the bones. Cut into smaller pieces then throw back in the soup
- Sprinkle some spring onion and coriander , and serve while hot.