This is an easy recipe when you want to spruce up your chicken. Adding the creamy filling and wrapping it in bacon adds so much flavor!
Bacon Wrapped Crack Stuffed Chicken Breast
Sometimes it’s hard to find a good variety of foods to make for your family for dinner. You don’t want to keep making the same old, same old all the time.
This is one dish that you won’t mind eating over and over though because it’s so delicious! Bacon wrapped chicken is a dinner that everyone will love.
Why You’ll Love this Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Recipe:
- Hearty dish: The combination of the bacon, chicken and cheese make for one filling chicken dinner.
- Full of flavor: The creamy filling creates an excellent burst of flavor with the bacon and the chicken.
- Easy dinner: It’s easy to make and everyone will love it!
How to make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Pound the chicken to ¼ inch thin with a meat mallet.
- Mix everything except the chicken, bacon, and green onions.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in the middle of each chicken breast, and fold the chicken over.
- Place 4 strips of bacon on plastic wrap, roll your chicken up in the bacon.
- Remove the chicken from the plastic, place the chicken in a baking dish, bake for 30 minutes, and then broil for 3-4 minutes.
What kind of chicken do I need for this recipe?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best choice for this recipe. You don’t want any type of chicken with bones because you won’t be able to pound the chicken.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
If you are gluten intolerant, you may be wondering if you can eat this. Good news, it is gluten-free so you can enjoy this savory dish!
How do I store leftovers?
You can store leftovers in a container in the fridge for 2-3. The bacon may not be as crispy on the 2nd or 3rd day but the flavor will still be delicious.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- When wrapping the chicken, make sure that the ends of the bacon are on the bottom of the chicken breast. You can also tuck them under as needed.
- Use the plastic wrap to tighten, and twist the ends. This will help it to maintain its shape.
- Feel free to use your favorite cheese instead of cheddar.
You will simply love this easy delicious chicken recipe. Bacon wrapped chicken may sound fancy but it’s an easy recipe you can enjoy during the weekday. Everyone in the family will love this easy chicken recipe.
More Stuffed Chicken Breast recipes we love
- Stuffed Chicken Marsala
- Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. center cut bacon
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 4 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 stalks Green onions chopped
- Place chicken breast on a sturdy work surface, or cutting board and top with a sheet of plastic wrap. Use a meat mallet to pound out chicken to ¼” thickness. Set chicken aside and discard plastic wrap.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix well to combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon bits, and heavy whipping cream. Add a heaping scoop to one side of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over the cream cheese mixture and roll to the edge. Repeat with each chicken breast.
- Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap over a cutting board or work surface. Place 4 strips of bacon side by side on the plastic wrap. Place a rolled chicken breast on the edge of the bacon. Roll to wrap the chicken with the bacon. Be sure that the ends of the bacon are on the bottom of the chicken breast. If need be, trim the bacon pieces. Use the plastic wrap to tighten, and twist the ends. This will help it to maintain its shape. Place in the fridge as the oven preheats (at least 5 minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 425*
- Remove plastic wrap from chicken. Place chicken breasts (with bacon seam side down) into an oven safe baking dish. Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately. Enjoy!