Whipping up a delicious Italian dinner has never been easier than using this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
I absolutely love my Instant Pot! Meals come out flavorful and tender like a crock pot, but everything is done in less time. This Instant Pot chicken Alfredo recipe is one of my favorite Italian dishes.
This Instant Pot chicken Alfredo combines a creamy pasta sauce with tender slices of lean protein. As chicken pressure cooks, seasoning permeates the chicken and sauce for maximum flavor leaving you with a velvety sauce that clings perfectly to the fettuccine noodles.
Why You’ll Love this Chicken Alfredo in an Instant Pot:
- One pot meal: You won’t have tons of dishes to wash because you can make the chicken, sauce, and noodles all in one pot.
- Simple ingredients: All the ingredients for this recipe you probably have in your kitchen already. And, if you don’t, you can easily find them at your local grocery store.
- Quick prep: You don’t have to spend your whole evening prepping and cooking a delicious meal. The longest part of this recipe is sauteing your chicken.How to make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo.
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place your Instant Pot on saute and add butter, cubed chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Saute the chicken until it is brown on each side.
- Pour in your cooking wine, chicken broth, and heavy cream into the chicken and stir.
- Place the uncooked fettuccine noodles and top with chicken.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve your fettuccine Alfredo and garnish with fresh parsley.
Can I Make it on the Stove Top?
You can easily make this on the stove top! Follow these simple instructions on how to make homemade chicken Alfredo on the stove top.
Do I Have to Use Heavy Cream?
Many chicken Alfredo recipes are made with heavy cream. However, you can make Alfredo sauce without heavy cream. Whole milk can be used in place of heavy cream, but the sauce will be lighter and thinner than if you used heavy cream.
What Type of Chicken do you need for Chicken Alfredo?
For this recipe, you will want to use boneless chicken so that you can cut it into cubes. I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you can use thighs as well.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- It will take about 5 minutes to completely brown the chicken. Be sure to stir often so it browns evenly.
- Use all of the liquid otherwise you will get crunchy noodles.Tip 3
- Do not put noodles on the bottom of the inner pot or you will get a burn notice. Instead place noodles on top of the chicken and sauce and add liquid and sauce on top of the noodles to cover them.
- Quick release as soon as the 5 minute natural release is up or you will have soggy noodles.
- If you don’t have cooking wine, you can substitute it with more chicken broth.
Using your Instant Pot makes cooking dinner quick and easy. This Instant pot chicken Alfredo will become a family favorite that you can make over and over. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight and fancy enough for Sunday dinner!
More instant pot chicken recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Chicken breasts cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces fettuccini noodles
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Set instant pot to sauté function then add butter, chicken, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until chicken is browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Pour in cooking wine, chicken broth and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Add uncooked pasta to pot then top with chicken.
- Lock lid and set to sealing. Program instant pot on Manual HIGH for 3 minutes, then allow to naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Immediately open the lid and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- It will take about 5 minutes to thoroughly brown the chicken, stir often so it browns evenly.
- All of the liquid in this recipe is very important. You don’t want crunchy noodles!
- Be ready to Quick release immediately after the 5 minute of natural release or you will end up with soggy noodles.
- Basil would be another delicious garnish for this quick and easy pasta.
- The cooking wine adds a wonderful dimension of flavor, but if you don’t have that on hand, you can substitute more chicken broth.