Here’s an easy sheet pan recipe to put on repeat in your house! This Sheet Pan Herb Chicken and Spring Vegetables is a vibrant, family-friendly spring dinner that’s healthy too! If you’ve never tried roasted radishes before, now is your chance!
Table of Contents
How to Make Sheet Pan Herb Chicken with Spring Vegetables – step by step
To prepare this sheet pan chicken meal, follow these easy steps:
- Make the marinade. Lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and thyme are all you need to make this super flavorful marinade. Set aside half of the marinade for the veggies. Marinate the chicken for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Chop the veggies. Cut the potatoes, radishes, and carrots. Trim the ends from the asparagus.
- Roast the chicken, potatoes, and radishes. Spread the herb chicken, potatoes, and radishes out on a baking sheet, add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss with a couple tablespoons of marinade. Feel free to keep the veggies grouped together or toss them all together. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add on the asparagus and carrots. Remove the sheet pan from the oven and make room for the asparagus and carrots. Toss with salt and pepper and a couple tablespoons of marinade. Return the sheet pan to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Adding the asparagus and carrots for the remaining cooking time will yield slightly caramelized veggies that still have a bit of crunch to them. If you like your asparagus and carrots to be very tender and caramelized, go ahead and roast them along with the chicken and other veggies in the previous step. It’s absolutely personal preference!
What herbs go well with chicken?
I have flavored these chicken breasts with thyme and lemon, before roasting them until golden brown on the outside and so juicy and tender on the inside. I love the gentle flavor of thyme and it’s earthy qualities, but other herbs that would also work well in this recipe are;
This is a really versatile recipe, so feel free to experiment with these different herbs, or even a combination.
How to Serve the Sheet Pan Herb Chicken and Spring Vegetables
There are plenty of ways you can serve the Sheet Pan Chicken and Spring Vegetables as a meal. To keep things simple, serve the chicken on a bed of the roasted spring vegetables and finish with a spritz of fresh lemon juice. If you’d like to add an additional starch to the meal, try serving with rice, quinoa, or couscous.
Other flavor add-ins include a dollop of hummus, a sprinkle of crumbled feta or parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of extra lemon and thyme marinade.
What vegetables are in season in Spring?
The chicken roasts alongside a pile of colorful spring vegetables, including asparagus, radishes, carrots, and baby potatoes, they give a wonderful variety to this simple chicken dinner. It’s amazing how the radishes transform from a bitter, crunchy vegetable into tender, little caramelized bites that are both juicy and slightly sweet.
Be sure to make this meal soon to make the most of all of the fresh Spring produce!
Top tips for making Herb Chicken with Spring Vegetables
- Use free range/organic chicken.
- If you prefer chicken thighs, they would also work really well.
- Let the chicken marinade for at least 15 minutes – longer if you can.
- If your sheet pan is old, line it with tin foil before cooking.
- Remember to pre-heat your oven!
Be sure to check out these other delicious sheet pan chicken recipes!
- Sheet Pan Healthy Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese (Easy Caprese Chicken!)
- Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe (Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs!)
- Baked Chicken Fajitas (Healthy Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe)
If you have tried this Herb Chicken with Spring Veggies recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Sheet Pan Herb Chicken with Spring Vegetables
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Chicken and Vegetables:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 8 ounces fresh radishes, halved 1 1/2 cup
- 1 large carrot sliced into sticks
- 10 ounces baby gold potatoes, halved or quartered 2 cups
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken and half of the marinade to a large bowl and toss to evenly coat. Let the chicken marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Prep and cut the veggies. Spread the radishes, potatoes, and chicken out on a large baking sheet. Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tablespoons remaining marinade over the veggies and toss with your hands to coat.
- Roast the radishes, potatoes, and chicken in the oven for 15 minutes. Make room on the sheet pan and add the carrots and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper, pour 1 tablespoon of the remaining marinade over the uncooked veggies, and toss to coat.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the edges of the veggies are golden brown.
- Plate the chicken and vegetables and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice over the top, a sprinkling of fresh parsley, and/or a drizzle of any remaining marinade.