This Southwest Chicken Bake is an easy chicken dinner perfect for any night of the week. This easy chicken recipe for dinner with few ingredients makes it so you have the most delicious chicken dinner, with none of the stress. This creamy, cheesy baked chicken recipe is covered in enchilada sauce for a Tex-Mex inspired meal the whole family will love!
Baked Southwest Chicken Breasts
This southwest chicken bake is a cheesy enchilada inspired dish the whole family will devour! This creamy baked chicken is so tasty and so easy to make.
Baked Chicken is kind of my specialty around here. Some of my most popular recipes are Baked Chicken Tacos, Baked Caesar Chicken, and Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake. You guys love easy chicken recipes for dinner and so do I! So here’s another delicious baked chicken recipe that I know you and your families will really enjoy.
If you’re looking for an easy chicken breast recipe with few ingredients, this Southwest Chicken Bake is for you!
This Southwest Chicken Bake is creamy, cheesy, and inspired by one of my favorite dishes: chicken enchiladas! I love Mexican food and Tex-Mex dishes, so I wanted to create an easy chicken bake inspired by those flavors.
Chicken breast, cheese, tomatoes, green chiles, sour cream, and enchilada sauce mix perfectly in one baking dish…and it only takes a little over 30 minutes to make!
Make this easy baked chicken breast recipe for your next weeknight dinner and you’ll have a delicious meal without any hassle!
This Southwest Chicken Bake is a creamy, cheesy Enchilada Baked Chicken recipe that’s easy to make any night of the week!
Easy Chicken Enchilada Bake
Chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite dishes. I just love the mix of chicken, cheese, and tasty enchilada sauce. So I turned that into an easy chicken dinner recipe that you can make for your family in less than an hour.
The chicken is cooked in enchilada sauce and topped with tortilla strips, more cheese, and cilantro. This baked chicken breast recipe brings all of those Tex-Mex flavors into one simple dish that tastes absolutely amazing!
Southwest Chicken Bake with Refried Beans
This Southwest Chicken Bake has so much flavor and is beyond delicious. Now that you’ve got the chicken, you need a great side dish to go with it! These homemade refried beans go perfectly with this cheesy baked chicken breast recipe.
The refried beans are the ideal taste and texture, and they are so good served alongside this chicken. It’s the best and easiest Tex-Mex inspired meal to make any night of the week.
How long do you cook chicken breast in the oven at 375°?
This baked chicken breast recipe should be cooked in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached the proper temperature.
What is a good internal temperature for chicken breast?
Chicken Breast should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. It’s important to have a meat thermometer in your kitchen to check the internal temperature of meat any time you cook.
Check out this post all about internal temperatures to get a free printable Meat Temperature Chart to make sure you cook all of your meat to the right temp!
Click here to check out our full Baked Chicken Guide for more EASY baked chicken recipes!
This Southwest Chicken Bake is so creamy, cheesy, and delicious! This Enchilada Baked Chicken Breast recipe is such an easy dinner to make for your family and everyone will love it. Enjoy!
See More Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
- Baked Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
- Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Chipotle Chicken
- Chicken Marinara
- Baked BBQ Chicken
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Southwest Chicken Bake
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes with green chilies drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Cojita cheese crumbled
- Tortilla corn strips or corn chips
- Homemade Refried Beans click for recipe
- Heat oven to 375°F and spray an 8×11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pound the breasts to an even 1” thickness.
- Season both sides of the breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce, drained tomatoes, and sour cream. Pour the sauce/sour cream mixture over the chicken.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-30 or until the internal temperature, of a middle breast, reads 155°F.
- Sprinkle breast with the Mexican blend cheese and cook just until cheese is melted and just beginning to bubble.
- Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest 3-4 minutes.
- Serving idea: Place a nest of tortilla chips/strips on the plate and place the chicken on top. Drizzle with extra sauce and garnish with chopped cilantro & crumbled Cotija cheese.