Combine two Italian-style meals into one with this incredible Alfredo Lasagna. It’s cheesy, flavorful, and perfect to serve for dinner with a side salad.
Easy Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
Do you like a creamy, cheesy meal that will leave you satisfied? If so, you’re going to love Alfredo Lasagna. It combines the flavor of traditional Alfredo sauce with ingredients commonly used to prepare lasagna.
It’s the perfect pasta dish to serve for dinner. You might even want to make it for a potluck or family gathering.
Why You’ll Love this White Chicken Lasagna Recipe:
- Simple ingredients: You won’t need a lot of fancy ingredients to make a meal that tastes delicious.
- Weeknight friendly: It’s a cheesy, flavorful meal that you can customize by using your favorite jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Great main dish: The Alfredo Lasagna tastes great with garlic bread, a side salad, and even fresh vegetables, such as roasted broccoli.
How to make Chicken Alfredo Lasagna at home
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add your spinach to a bowl with two tablespoons of water, cover it with plastic wrap, and put the bowl in the microwave to heat it for 60 seconds.
- Let your spinach sit and cool down before you squeeze out all the extra water.
- In the meantime, boil water with salt in a large pot, add your lasagna noodles to the pot, and cook them for up to 10 minutes before draining.
- Grab a bowl and add your chicken and a jar of the Alfredo sauce to it, mixing well. Grab another bowl and add ricotta cheese and cooked spinach into it, mixing them together.
- Begin placing your lasagna noodles in the baking dish, placing at least five of the noodles in a layer. It’s fine if some overlap.
- Add your chicken mixture on top of the noodles, spread it out, add mozzarella cheese, place more noodles on top, and then add your ricotta mixture.
- Spread the ricotta mixture, pour more Alfredo sauce on top of the mixture, and then add mozzarella cheese on top. Layer more noodles with sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for a minimum of 50 minutes. You can set the oven to broil at the end for a few minutes to get a crispier topping.
Can I use fresh chicken?
You can use fresh chicken in this recipe, but you’ll need to cook it beforehand. You don’t want to add raw chicken because it might not cook all the way through with the other ingredients.
What size dish does this chicken lasagna need?
If you’re preparing this Alfredo Lasagna, you’ll need a 9×13 baking dish. If you don’t have that, you can use a different size, but you may need to use more or less lasagna noodles to fill it.
How long do I bake it?
Bake the lasagna for a minimum of 50 minutes and a maximum of 60 minutes to ensure it’s cooked and ready to eat. You can also broil the top to crisp it before you eat it.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you’re broiling it at the end, make sure to keep a close eye on the oven because you don’t want to burn the lasagna.
- Choose any tried and tested Alfredo sauce that you personally enjoy. It doesn’t matter which brand you decide to use. You can also use homemade Alfredo sauce too!
- Garnish your Alfredo Lasagna with a bit of fresh chopped parsley if you’d like.
It’s not hard to make this Alfredo Lasagna. You can expect your loved ones to come back for seconds and thirds of this delicious dish! It’s a great weeknight meal but is also perfect for date night or a potluck!
More Italian chicken recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Recipe
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 6 ounces fresh spinach wilted
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 32 ounces Alfredo-style pasta sauce 2 jars
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place spinach in a heatproof bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 60 seconds, until wilted. Allow to cool, then squeeze the water from the spinach.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and one jar of Alfredo sauce, stir together. In a separate bowl, stir together ricotta and cooked spinach
- In the prepared baking dish, place 5 lasagna noodles in a layer, edges overlapping. Pour alfredo chicken mixture over the noodle layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the chicken mixture. Top with another layer of 5 noodles. Spread the ricotta-spinach mixture evenly over the noodles. Pour half of the remaining alfredo sauce over the spinach mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella over the sauce. Lay on the final 5 noodles, then top with the remaining alfredo sauce, mozzarella, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, then broil until the top is brown and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and serve hot.