Easy baked Caesar Chicken is tender, cheesy, and full of flavor. Topped with plenty of cheese and creamy Caesar dressing, this is a quick and delicious dinner recipe for any night of the week.
Creamy Caesar Chicken
If you love chicken Caesar salad, creamy baked Caesar chicken is for you! This dinner recipe comes together in minutes with tons of flavor packed into each bite.
Seasoned chicken breasts are topped with cheese, Caesar dressing, and a squirt of lemon juice and baked to juicy perfection. This is a wonderful weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love – trust me, mine won’t stop asking for it!
Why You’ll Love this Baked Chicken Recipe:
- FLAVORFUL: This chicken takes on all of the delicious flavor of the Caesar dressing as it bakes.
- EASY: Baked chicken recipes don’t get much easier than this. Pop it all into a dish and let the oven do the rest of the work!
- QUICK: With only 10 minutes of prep time (or less), this is a no brainer for hectic evenings.
When you’re craving something homemade yet easy and quick, Caesar chicken is the answer.
How to Make Caesar Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Prepare the chicken and place into a baking dish.
- Top the chicken with cheese and Caesar dressing.
- Bake and broil.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Absolutely! If using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, add a couple minutes to the bake time.
Use your favorite kind of store bought or homemade creamy Caesar dressing. Make sure it’s creamy, not oily. I love this recipe for Caesar dressing!
This chicken takes about 25-30 minutes to bake at 375°F. Cook until the center of the chicken reaches 165°F.
You’ll need shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe. If you have time, shred the cheeses yourself – freshly shredded cheese melts better than pre-shredded cheese!
I love enjoying this hearty chicken dinner with some of my favorite veggie side dishes like:
Of course, you could always double up on the Caesar and serve this chicken with a Homemade Caesar Salad!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Try not to add too much salt to the chicken breasts. The Caesar dressing adds plenty of flavor, including salt, and you don’t want a super salty dish.
- Use a homemade or high quality creamy Caesar dressing to achieve the perfect creamy consistency.
- Chicken is cooked through when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
- For a toasty, golden brown cheese topping, broil the chicken for 1-2 minutes prior to removing from the oven. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn!
Creamy baked Caesar chicken is easy to make and even easier to eat!
How long does this chicken last?
Store any leftover chicken you may have in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Is this chicken recipe gluten free?
As long as your Caesar dressing is gluten free, this is a naturally gluten free recipe!
Can I freeze leftover Caesar chicken?
I don’t recommend it. When cream-based recipes thaw, the texture is typically off.
Even on busy weeknights, I know I can turn to this baked chicken recipe. Caesar chicken always checks all of the right boxes!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Caesar Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, salt, and pepper together. Rub this mixture onto both sides of each chicken breast. Place the seasoned chicken breasts in a 9×13-inch baking dish.1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese on top of the chicken.2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Whisk the Caesar dressing and lemon juice together in a small bowl and pour on top of the cheese/chicken.1 cup creamy Caesar dressing, 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheeses in an even layer on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an instant thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the center of the chicken. For a toasty, golden brown cheese topping, broil the chicken for 1-2 minutes prior to removing from the oven. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!
- Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a Review