If you haven't cooked chicken breast sous vide style, you just have to try it! So flavorful and perfect every single time! Find out how to sous vide chicken breast with this handy guide with tips and recipe.
Place the sous vide in a large pot and fill with water to the fill line. Turn on and set to 160 degrees. Let water come to temperature while you prepare the chicken.
In a bowl, add in olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic clove. Whisk until well combined.
In a gallon size ziplock bag, add in marinade and chicken breast. Seal the bag making sure you get as much air out as possible. Move chicken around so everything is evenly coated with marinade. Place in the fridge until the sous vide is ready.
Once the water has reached 160 degrees, place the sealed bag of marinaded chicken breast in the pot and let cook for 1 hour.
Once the chicken is ready, remove from bag and place on a plate or baking sheet.
In a cast iron skillet, heat up 1/2 tablespoon of butter and olive oil over medium to medium high heat
Once the butter has melted, place the chicken breast in the skillet and cook on each side
for 3-5 minutes - our until golden brown.
Remove and served immediately.
1. There is no need to let the chicken breast rest after searing. You can slice and enjoy right away.
2. You may also not sear if desired. Once the chicken has cooked in the sous vide for 1 hour at 160 degrees, it is ready to eat. Enjoy whichever way you prefer.
3. Bone in and/or skin on chicken breast may be used as well. If using skin on, I recommend definitely searing to crisp up the skin.
4. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Up to 2 pounds of chicken breast can fit in 1 gallon ziplock bag.
5. Chicken can be marinaded overnight. Just prepare as directed and let sit overnight in the fridge. Add to heated sous vide when ready to cook.