Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
This HEALTHY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS Recipe (Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchiladas) are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy Mexican night! We love these tasty sweet potato black bean enchiladas and make them on the regular. This Skinny Chicken and Sweet Potato recipe is filled with vegetables and all kinds of good stuff. They are definitely a new favorite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 2 cups shredded or cubed chicken cooked
- 2 cooked sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can yellow corn kernels drained and rinsed. I used Green Giant Steam Crisp corn...it doesn't come in liquid so I could use 'as is'. it was really good!
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese divided
- 12 6- inch flour or whole wheat tortillas warmed
- 1 avocado halved seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream optional
Preheat oven to 350 degreesF
Pour 1 cup salsa verde in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes, cooked chicken, black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, spices, and salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble enchiladas, lay tortilla on a flat surface and spoon 1/4 cup sweet potato mixture in the center; sprinkle with cheese. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down onto prepared baking dish.
Repeat with remaining tortillas
Pour the remaining salsa over the enchiladas and top with desired amount of cheese.
Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Garnish with avocado, more tomato, cilantro, and sour cream if desired.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 734mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 110.5% | Vitamin C: 12.8% | Calcium: 30.4% | Iron: 20.9%