Chicken Mole Recipe
Easy Chicken Mole is one of our favorite Mexican Chicken Recipes to make any time of year. This EASY Mole Sauce is so flavorful and made in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 chipotle pepper chopped
- 2 teaspoon adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with green chiles (1 can)
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 lbs shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- rice or tortillas for serving
- optional toppings such as avocado, sour cream, chopped peanuts, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro.
Place a pot over medium heat and add the oil
Add the onion and garlic, stirring often for 5 minutes until softened and fragrant.
Add the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, tomatoes with green chiles. Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Carefully pour the mixture into a high powered blender.
Add the peanut butter, chicken broth, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Blend until well combined.
Return the mixture to the pot over medium heat. Cook to reduce for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chocolate and stir until melted.
Stir in the chicken, fully coating in the sauce.
Serve over rice or with warm tortillas. Top with optional toppings such as avocado, sour cream, chopped peanuts, lime wedges, and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Calories: 640kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1995mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1300IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 814mg | Iron: 3.6mg