This Thai Green Curry Chicken Noodle Bowl is full of authentic flavors and comes together quickly! Made with brown rice noodles, chicken, eggplant, red pepper, onions and baby corn all in a spicy green curry coconut broth. It’s the perfect healthy takeout Thai dish made at home!
How to Make Thai Green Curry Chicken Noodle Bowls – step by step
To start off you will use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Chicken thighs are moist and have a lot of flavor which adds to the dish. Cut the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and toss with green curry paste, lime juice/zest and spices. If you have the time to do this step prior and let the chicken marinate for an hour or 2, it will make the chicken that much more flavorful, but it is not required.
To cook the chicken. heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat, add in the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Work with a wooden spoon for best results. About 3-4 minutes in add the chopped onion and continue to sauté for 2-3 more minutes before adding in the eggplant, red pepper and garlic.
Once all the vegetables begin to soften, about 2-3 more minutes, add in the remainder of the green curry paste and ginger paste and toss so it evenly coats everything in the pan.
At this point you are ready to add the coconut milk. You can use full fat or light coconut milk, the full fat will result in a thicker curry whereas the light will be a bit thinner. The last ingredient to go in will be the baby corn, make sure you drain it before adding it to the skillet. Toss to incorporate and then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
While the skillet is simmering, prepare the brown rice noodles. Prepare them according to package instructions, they do not take long. Once the brown rice noodles are ready divide them into serving bowls. Carefully ladle the thai green curry chicken over the noodles. Garnish with a bit of fresh cilantro and/or thai basil and a squeeze of lime juice!
What is Thai Green Curry?
Curries are a big part of Thai cuisine. They have many curries, a popular one being green curry. Green Curry Paste is made primarily from green chilies and combined with Thai basil, coriander, lime leaf, shrimp paste, lemongrass, garlic and other spices.
Some of the ingredients can be difficult to get your hands and the paste can be time consuming to make from scratch so we are using a store-bought curry paste in this recipe to keep things simple!
Thai Green Chicken Curry made with Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a key ingredient in Thai cuisine, and it also keeps this dish dairy free. Coconut milk adds a delicate sweetness to the dish and helps to balance out the spices. It creates a creamier curry and mellows out the dish. Be sure to buy a good quality coconut milk in a can that is not diluted, for maximum flavor.
Noodle bowls with chicken thighs and fresh vegetables
I used chicken thighs in this recipe rather than chicken breast as they contain more fats and really take on the flavors from the Thai green paste. These bowls are full of healthy fresh vegetables to make a well balanced main meal full of flavor.
This is a really versatile dish, and you can easily experiment with different veggies you have in your fridge. Spinach, mushrooms and courgette would all work really well too. I used brown rice noodles for additional fiber.
Top Tips for making Thai Green Curry Chicken
- Use organic / free range chicken that has been raised without antibiotics.
- Use a high quality, store bought, green curry paste for an easy weeknight meal.
- Use fresh lime juice, not the bottled kind, it will make a huge difference!
- Use canned coconut milk that hasn’t been diluted.
Try out these other Asian chicken dishes!
- Homemade Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Easy Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce
- Easy Sesame Chicken by Budget Bytes
- Chicken Coconut Thai Curry by Slow The Cook Down
If you have tried this Herb Chicken with Spring Veggies recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below
Thai Green Curry Chicken Noodle Bowls
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp green curry paste divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup eggplant cubed
- 1 cup red pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp salt
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk full fat or light
- 7.6 oz can baby corn drained
- Fresh cilantro and/or thai basil for garnish
- Fresh lime juice for garnish
- In a large bowl toss the chicken with 1 tbsp green curry paste, lime juice and zest, sea salt and coriander
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet, heat over medium-high heat
- Add the chicken, sauté until it starts to brown 3-4 minutes
- Add the onion, sauté 2-3 more minutes
- Add the eggplant, red pepper and garlic, sauté 2-3 minutes
- Mix in the ginger paste, ½ tsp of sea salt and 2 more tbsp of green curry pasta
- Pour in the coconut milk
- Add the baby corn, mix
- Bring to coconut milk to a slow boil and then reduce heat to simmer, simmer for 5 minutes
- While skillet is simmering, prepare the brown rice noodles according to package instructions, set aside
- Divide the noodles into serving bowls
- Top with green curry chicken
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and/or thai basil and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired