Blood Orange Chicken Thighs are cooked to juicy, tender perfection on a sheet pan with a medley of nutritious fresh veggies! This well-rounded chicken dinner all comes together on one pan to make for easy clean-up. Blood orange juice, honey, spices and more give the chicken the most incredible flavor!
- Why We Love This Blood Orange Chicken Recipe
- Can I use regular orange juice for the chicken marinade?
- How to Store and Reheat
- How to Freeze
- Serving Suggestions
- More Chicken Thigh Recipes We Love
- Top Reader Review
- Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe
- How to Make Blood Orange Chicken Step by Step
Why We Love This Blood Orange Chicken Recipe
This is one of my favorite sheet pan dinner recipes! Here’s why I make it at least once a month:
- Marinated. It takes less than 5 minutes to toss the chicken and blood orange marinade in a bag. Marinating the thighs make them so flavorful and tender!
- Easy. You go from ingredients, to sheet pan, to dinner table in about half an hour!
- Fresh. The orange juice and veggies make this dish nice and light! I love all of the fresh flavors, especially during the spring and summer time.
Can I use regular orange juice for the chicken marinade?
Yes! If you cannot find blood oranges or cara cara oranges, regular orange juice will also work just fine when marinated the chicken thighs.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftover blood orange chicken and vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. For best quality, reheat in the oven or Air Fryer until fully warmed through. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165F when reheating.
How to Freeze
Once cooled to room temperature, freeze cooked orange chicken thighs in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat.
I love this sheet pan chicken dinner just the way it is! The green beans and carrots pair beautifully with the blood orange chicken. To make it heartier and even more filling, add rice or potatoes.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes We Love
- Honey Mustard Chicken Skillet
- Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Florentine
- Ranch Chicken and Rice
- Peruvian Chicken with Green Sauce
- Huli Huli Chicken
Top Reader Review
“I loved it!! It was so flavorful and delicious!” – Toni
Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 Juice of 1 blood orange
- 1 Juice of 1 cara cara orange SEE NOTE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 cups tri-colored carrots peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Marinated chicken thighs
- 4-6 blood orange slices
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel.2 pounds chicken thighs
- Put chicken thighs into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, olive oil, honey, salt and coriander.1 Juice of 1 blood orange, 1 Juice of 1 cara cara orange, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp coriander
- Pour marinade over chicken thighs.
- Put the bag in the refrigerator to marinate (at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours for best results).
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add green beans and carrots to a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.2 cups green beans, 2 cups tri-colored carrots
- Pour in olive oil and salt, shake to coat.¼ cup olive oil, ½ tsp salt
- Spread green beans and carrots onto the baking sheet. *SEE NOTE
- Place the marinated chicken thighs onto the baking sheet amongst the vegetables.Marinated chicken thighs
- Top with blood orange slices.4-6 blood orange slices
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Switch oven to broil, broil for 1-2 minutes. **SEE NOTE
- Remove sheet pan from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with orange zest and fresh cilantro if desired.1 tbsp orange zest, 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
How to Make Blood Orange Chicken Step by Step
Marinate the Chicken Thighs: Pat 2 pounds of chicken thighs with paper towels, then place them in a large resealable bag. In a bowl, combine the juice of 1 blood orange and 1 cara cara orange, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of coriander. Pour the marinade over the chicken in the bag. Marinate the chicken thighs in the orange juice marinade, in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
Prepare the Veggies: Add 2 cups of green beans and 2 cups of sliced carrots to a resealable bag. Pour in 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt, then shake to combine.
Bake: Spread the green beans and carrots on the baking sheet next to the marinated orange juice chicken thighs, and top with 4-6 blood orange slices. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes. Then, switch to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes.