This Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe is easy, flavorful, and delicious! Everyone loves an easy sheet pan meal! These Sheet Pan Orange Honey Chicken Thighs are the perfect weeknight dinner! Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs for the win.
Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe (Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs!)
Marinated Blood Orange Honey Chicken Thighs are one of our favorite week night easy chicken recipes. Doesn’t winter citrus season fill your heart with just a little bit of summer?! Oranges and grapefruits, lemons and limes, their colors and flavors brighten up any cold and dreary winter day!
I am especially in love with blood and cara cara oranges, their colors and flavors are so beautiful and delicious! If you haven’t tried them, don’t worry! If you love oranges, you’ll love cara cara oranges. This Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Recipe can’t be beat!
Easy Chicken Thighs Recipe Marinade
As much as I love to just bite right in to a fresh, juicy orange slice, I also love to bake and cook with them! Orange works really well with savory dishes, especially in marinades for meat. For these Sheet Pan Orange Chicken Thighs we are using the juice of blood and cara cara oranges to make a sweet and zesty marinade!
Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe (SO EASY)
And how great are sheet pan meals?! Especially on a weeknight, after a long day, the thought of getting my whole kitchen dirty with lots of dishes is exhausting. That is when sheet pan meals step in to save the day!
How to make Marinated Chicken Thighs
You will need to marinate the chicken thighs the day before, but that will seriously take less than 5 minutes! Put the chicken thighs in a gallon-sized plastic bag, whisk together the marinade and pour over the chicken. The chicken thighs are best if marinated for about 24 hours, so as you sleep and when you are at work they are getting more and more delicious preparing for your easy dinner!
How to make Chicken Thighs on a Sheet Pan
Once you get home there is no fuss! You go from ingredients, to sheet pan, to dinner table in just 30 minutes! To make your life even easier, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, it makes clean-up a breeze! Then toss the green beans and carrots in olive oil and salt and spread onto the baking sheet. Next, place the marinated chicken thighs amongst the vegetables and top with a few slices of orange.
Now you are ready to bake your chicken thighs! Bake for 25 minutes and then finish it off with 1-2 minutes under the broiler to get everything a little crispy! Cool for a few minutes and then serve the chicken thighs with the oven roasted green beans and carrots. Garnish with a little orange zest and some fresh cilantro for an extra flavor kick!
And there you have it! An easy, delicious, healthy, crowd-pleasing sheet pan dinner – can’t beat that!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out some of our other favorite Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies
- Best Buffalo Wings
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Southwest Chicken Bake
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Creamy Caesar Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Blood Orange Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- Juice of 1 cara cara orange SEE NOTE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 cups tri-colored carrots peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Marinated chicken thighs
- 4-6 blood orange slices
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel
- Put chicken thighs into a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, olive oil, honey, salt and coriander
- Pour marinade over chicken thighs
- Put the bag in the refrigerator, marinate at least 4 hours and up to 24 for best results
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Add green beans and carrots to a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag
- Pour in olive oil and salt, shake to coat
- Spread green beans and carrots onto the baking sheet *SEE NOTE
- Place the marinated chicken thighs onto the baking sheet amongst the vegetables
- Top with blood orange slices
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
- Switch oven to broil, broil for 1-2 minutes **SEE NOTE
- Remove sheet pan from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes before serving
- Garnish with orange zest and fresh cilantro if desired
Leave a Review