Learn how to make the best Baked Chicken Breast every time with this easy recipe! Chicken breasts are seasoned with a simple medley of seasonings like brown sugar, paprika, and more that give the meat a caramelized quality once baked to juicy perfection.
What’s in this Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
Chicken breasts are dressed up simply with brown sugar, seasonings, and olive oil.
- Chicken Breasts: Ideally, grab some organic/free range chicken breasts if you’re able to. However, any chicken breast will work well with this recipe!
- Brown Sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar. Note that dark brown sugar will lend a much more noticeable flavor.
- Seasonings: Paprika and garlic powder are all you need to keep your flavor palate here simple, yet so bold.
- Fresh Herbs: Thyme and rosemary create the best herbaceous note in this easy chicken breast recipe.
- Olive Oil: You can use avocado oil instead if preferred.
PRO TIP: If you’re all out of brown sugar, you can make your own by simply combining one cup of white granulated sugar with one tablespoon of molasses!
Variations to Try
Craving a little sweet and spicy combo? Swap the plain paprika with spicy paprika if you can find some! A dash of cayenne pepper will also do the trick. Oh, and smoked paprika also tastes fantastic in this versatile recipe.
The easiest (and safest) way to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer. Inserted into the thickest part of the meat, a fully cooked chicken breast should read 165°F.
Healthy is a somewhat subjective term, but in my kitchen I do consider this dish to be on the healthier side! While there is brown sugar, there’s not enough of it for me to worry about. This is an easy protein-packed baked chicken recipe that I always feel great about making!
When baked at 350°F, a chicken breast is likely fully cooked by the thirty minute mark. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s fully cooked all the way.
How to Store and Reheat
Store leftovers for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. This recipe is ideal for meal prepping for the week and for using in a variety of recipes from salads to soups!
How to Freeze
In the freezer, store cooled chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 6 months. I recommend wrapping each breast in wax paper before freezing for easy portioning.
There are SO many side dishes that plate perfectly with a baked chicken breast. Go hearty with recipes like 15 minute mac and cheese or creamy mashed potatoes. You can also keep things on the lighter side with roasted brussels sprouts or air fryer broccoli.
Best Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven at 350F/170C
- In a medium sized bowl add the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, thyme and rosemary. Mix well
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts. They should be evenly coated
- Add the chicken breasts in the bowl with the spices and sugar. Coat the chicken breasts
- Line a sheet pan with baking paper
- Add the chicken breast on the sheet pan and bake in the oven for 30 or minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked
- Slice chicken breasts and enjoy!