Cook up the classic Italian dish with ease, in an Instant Pot! Packed with garlic and lemon flavors, this Instant Pot Chicken Piccata is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe:
- Lemon Garlic: This piccata sauce is delicious. Mixing lemons, capers, garlic and a host of herbs – it’s loaded with Italian flavor
- Great Texture: The chicken comes out tender with a crispy edges.
- Comforting: Rich in flavor and hearty – this is pure Italian comfort food!
The piccata sauce is simple to make but comes out buttery and loaded with flavor!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Piccata
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Season your sliced chicken breasts
- Dredge the chicken in a mix of flour and Parmesan.
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot then set aside.
- Mix your sauce ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Add in your chicken and pressure cook, then set the chicken aside.
- Using cornstarch, thicken the sauce then spoon over the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Piccata sauce is a salty lemon sauce made from lemon juice, chicken broth, garlic, capers, butter, and dry white wine.
A dry white wine is any white wine that is not sweet. I like Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, or Pinot Grigio. You can also use white cooking wine, which can be found in the oil and vinegar aisle of the grocery store.
Yes, you can! Thin-sliced store-bought chicken breasts are a great time saver for this recipe.
If your sauce is too sour, add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda to neutralize some of the acidity. If you happened to add the lemon slices to the dish while it was cooking, that could also be the culprit. I recommend adding them only after the dish is fully cooked because the pith and seeds of the lemon can make the dish taste bitter.
Tender and thin pieces of chicken, smothered in a flavor packed sauce – so easy and so delicious!
Store leftover chicken piccata in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover chicken piccata in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Make It A Meal
Serve instant pot chicken piccata with rice or pasta for a complete meal.
Chicken Breast Tip
If your chicken still seems to have an uneven thickness after slicing, wrap it in plastic wrap and pound it with a meat mallet or rolling pin until even.
This is one of our favorite Italian recipes! Crispy tinged chicken breast, coated in the most lip smacking lemon and garlic sauce. Rich, buttery and so easy to whip up! Make this part of your weekly meal rota, you will not be disappointed!
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup capers drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 thinner breasts. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Salt and pepper
- Mix the flour and Parmesan in a shallow bowl.¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly dredge the chicken to coat and set aside.
- Set your Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add in the oil and butter.3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Once melted, add the chicken breasts, two at a time, and cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.4 cloves garlic
- Pour in the wine and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any brown bits. Add in the chicken broth, capers, and chicken breasts.½ cup dry white wine, ½ cup low sodium chicken broth, ¼ cup capers
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes, then natural release for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Whisk the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add to the pot with the lemon juice. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is thickened.2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with grated parmesan, parsley, and lemon slices.Grated Parmesan cheese, Chopped fresh parsley, Lemon slices
- If your chicken still seems to have an uneven thickness after slicing, wrap it in plastic wrap and pound it with a meat mallet or rolling pin until even.