Prepare flavorful chicken with ease when following the Instant Pot Chicken Curry recipe. You can use a mixture of fresh ingredients to make your meat juicy, tender, and absolutely delicious.
Instant Pot Curry Chicken Recipe
When you visit your favorite Indian restaurant, do you often order curry? If you love the fresh, unique flavor of this popular dish, you can learn how to make it at home with ease following this Instant Pot Curry Chicken recipe.
It might seem like a complicated dish to make, but if you have the right ingredients, you can make it in no time. Garnish it with chopped nuts and serve it over prepared rice to provide a wholesome meal that tastes just as good as takeout.
Why You’ll Love this Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Money saver: It is an Indian-inspired dish that you can prepare at home instead of going out to the restaurant and spending money.
- Fresh ingredients: The chicken curry contains fresh, flavorful ingredients, including chicken, minced ginger, and minced garlic.
- Quick meal: You can have this meal ready for your family in no time using the Instant Pot, making it the perfect meal to prepare on a busy night.
How to make Chicken Curry in an Instant Pot
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Add your broth into the Instant Pot with the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and curry powder and then whisk these ingredients together.
- Toss your chicken breasts, potatoes, and carrots into the Instant Pot with the sauce.
- Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and set it to high pressure, cooking for 10 minutes.
- Naturally release the pressure on the Instant Pot for an additional 10 minutes before manually releasing and uncovering.
- Add your red pepper slices and coconut milk into the Instant Pot, press saute, and allow everything to simmer for about three minutes.
- Press cancel, add your lime juice, give your mixture a good stir, and let it sit for several minutes to thicken.
What Is Curry Chicken?
Curry Chicken is a dish that originates in India. It consists of chopped chicken breasts combined with flavorful seasonings and sauces to create a unique taste. It often gets prepared with potatoes and carrots, too.
Curry Chicken tastes even better when served over rice.
Is Curry Spicy?
Some curry dishes are spicy, but not all. There is a common misconception that curry is always spicy, but that is not true. You can always control the spice level of your dish based on your spice preference.
Can I Make This on the Stove Top?
You can choose to make this meal on the stove top, but it would take a bit longer. If you want to make it at a faster pace, it is a good idea to stick with the Instant Pot.
If you do not have an Instant Pot, you can still follow this recipe while preparing it on the stove top.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- When you allow your Instant Pot to come to pressure naturally, it helps tenderize the meat.
- You can add different amounts of curry. If you prefer a stronger taste, add more curry!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Chicken curry is a great dish that provides a ton of flavor. Being able to make it quickly in your Instant Pot is even better! Grab some naan or flatbread and whip up this chicken curry recipe today!
More Indian inspired chicken recipes we love
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium-large golden potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Chopped cashews or peanuts
- Lime wedges
- In the Instant Pot, whisk together the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the chicken breasts, potatoes, and carrots and stir to coat in the sauce.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Cook manually on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Then, manually release the remaining pressure.
- Uncover and stir in the coconut milk and the red pepper slices.
- Press the Sauté button, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Press the Cancel button.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and stir.
- Let the curry sit for a few minutes to thicken a bit.
- Give the curry a good stir before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and chopped cashews or peanuts.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan.