Honey Sesame Chicken is a must make easy chicken recipe. Crispy. Check. Spicy. Check. Sweet. Check. Easy. Check. Delicious. DOUBLE CHECK. This honey sesame chicken recipe has it all! The best part? It’s so much healthier that your usual honey glazed sesame chicken recipes.
Healthy Sesame Chicken
Just because this Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe is a bit healthier than the traditional kind doesn’t mean it isn’t just as delicious.
Few things can top a sweet n spicy, sticky n tender chicken. These chicken bites have a delicious crispiness that every honey glazed sesame chicken recipe should have. Consider yourself warned though, because this honey chicken is highly, HIGHLY addictive. You’ll find yourself craving it day and night.
How to Make Sesame Chicken at Home
Are you guilty of usually enjoying honey sesame chicken dishes only as a takeout or at restaurants? Well let me tell you, this healthier honey glazed sesame chicken recipe is SO much better than takeout. It’s the perfect dinner for company or a cozy night in. Because not a lot of things are as cozy as these crispy sweet n spicy bites of heaven!
Each bite doesn’t only taste good, but it FEELS good. There’s something extremely satisfying in having your dinner feel like a cheat meal, but knowing that it really isn’t. Instead, this honey glazed sesame chicken is as nutritious as it is delicious! Win win!
What to serve with Sesame Chicken
Every great easy chicken recipe needs an equally great side dish! You can def keep things simple and serve this Easy Sesame Chicken with rice or roasted vegetables, but here are some other favorites we have been craving!
Quinoa Fried Rice is a healthy version of the take-out favorite and an easy one pan dish that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are packed with seasoned chicken and veggies, then baked until crispy and golden brown. Southwest Egg Rolls are served with an avocado dipping sauce, which is easy and perfect! This Spicy Cheesy Broccoli Recipe is the perfect easy side dish for those busy nights. When you’re rushing around and on the go, you still need to eat your vegetables and create a balanced meal!
Quinoa Chicken Fried Rice (Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe)
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls (Southwest Egg Rolls)
Spicy Cheesy Broccoli Recipe (Firecracker Broccoli with Cheese!)
Quinoa Fried Rice is a healthy version of the take-out favorite and an easy one pan dish that’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are packed with seasoned chicken and veggies, then baked until crispy and golden brown. Southwest Egg Rolls are served with an avocado dipping sauce, which is easy and perfect!
This Spicy Cheesy Broccoli Recipe is the perfect easy side dish for those busy nights. When you’re rushing around and on the go, you still need to eat your vegetables and create a balanced meal!
Honey Sesame Chicken Batter
For the batter, the egg and soy sauce will work their magic in tenderizing the chicken. While the coconut flour is the healthier twist that will give the chicken the crispy golden crust that is a game-changer in this dish!
Sesame Chicken Glaze (Best Sauce Recipe)
The honey glaze is the perfect combination of sweet n spicy. Once you begin to cook it the initially thin mixture will become sticky and will thicken in consistency. That’s how you’ll know that your sauce is ready!
The Secret to Crispy Chicken: Frying Twice
After you’ve fried all the chicken bites once, you will begin making your sauce. That should take about 10 minutes. During this time you will give the chicken bites a second 10-minute round of frying in a little sesame oil to get that delicious and fragrant sesame flavor.
The second round of frying will also ensure that your chicken is super crispy. On top of that, you’ll add in a generous amount of sesame seeds. This way you’ll get that extra bit of crunch on the outside, while still maintaining the juicy tenderness on the inside.
Tips for making the Best Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
- The best way to make this dish is by cutting the chicken breast into small, bite size pieces. However, if you want to reduce the frying time, cut your chicken into larger pieces.
- When frying the chicken make sure that you space them out on the pan and that they’re not touching one another. To do this you will need to fry the chicken in batches.
- I prefer my honey glazed sesame chicken plain with some rice, but by all mean add some chives on top if you like.
- This healthier version of honey glazed sesame chicken is best served over a hot bowl of steamed basmati rice.
These are, hands down, one of the BEST honey glazed sesame chicken bites ever. Don’t believe me? Try them for yourself and you’ll see!
Other Easy Chicken Recipes we LOVE:
Honey Balsamic Glazed Chicken is a tasty, easy, and simple sheet pan chicken recipe sure to please the entire family. This Balsamic Chicken Recipe is so juicy, tender, and unique. Love! Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese (Easy Caprese Chicken!) Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies is the ultimate ONE PAN CHICKEN weeknight meal. It’s an easy go-to when you need something delicious and simple.
Honey Balsamic Glazed Chicken Recipe (Roasted Balsamic Chicken Thighs)
Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese (Easy Caprese Chicken!)
Becky Hardin February 25, 2019 Jump to Recipe
This Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese recipe is quick, easy, and even a little bit fancy. Easy Caprese Chicken is the perfect easy chicken recipe for busy weeknights!
Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies (One Pan Chicken)
Honey Balsamic Glazed Chicken is a tasty, easy, and simple sheet pan chicken recipe sure to please the entire family. This Balsamic Chicken Recipe is so juicy, tender, and unique. Love!
Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese (Easy Caprese Chicken!)
Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies is the ultimate ONE PAN CHICKEN weeknight meal. It’s an easy go-to when you need something delicious and simple.
Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut flour (or regular flour)
- ½ cup cold water
- 4 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or regular flour)
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut chicken breast into small bite size pieces
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the soy sauce and water. Add the coconut flour and mix well until there are no lumps. Add the chicken in the batter and mix it well. Let it sit for 10 minutes
- In a nonstick frying pan add the coconut oil and let it melt on medium heat
- Use tongs to slowly place the chicken in the frying pan. Fry for 4 minutes on each side on medium-high heat or until golden brown. Once fried on each side, place each piece on a cooling rack or kitchen paper. You will have to do this a few times depending on how small your chicken bites are. Make sure that the chicken pieces are not touching one another when frying.
- After you’ve removed your last batch from the pan, add the sesame oil to the remaining coconut oil. Add all the chicken bites together to fry for 10 minutes on medium heat while you make the honey glaze. Stir often.
For honey glaze:
- In a small saucepan add the honey, tomato sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and coconut flour.
- Mix everything well until all lumps are removed.
- Bring to a simmer, then add water.
- Cook for 8 minutes on medium high heat until the sauce has slightly thickened. Pour it over the chicken, add the sesame seeds, mix well and enjoy!
This recipe was contributed by Michaella at Well + Yum.