This Easy Orange Chicken is just as good as your takeaway favorite and ready on the table in 30 minutes, meaning it’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Packed full of flavor, this is sure to become a family favorite.
It can’t just be me who is obsessed with orange chicken from their local Chinese restaurant?! I’m going to show you how you can make it at home and in less than half an hour!
Stir fried orange chicken recipe
Stir Fry is such a great option when it comes to getting dinner on the table quickly. It’s a great way to make a really flavorful dish that will rival any takeaway.
If you don’t have a wok, you can also use a frying pan or skillet on a high heat. You are going to love this 30 minute chicken recipe!
Orange chicken made with orange marmalade
Using orange marmalade for this chicken really amps up the orange flavors as well as making it quick and convenient to cook. It adds a sweetness to the chicken and results in a thick sauce that is full of flavor.
Serve it with some plain rice for a delicious and hearty meal.
Better Than Takeout!
Not only is this orange chicken recipe easier on your wallet, honestly, it tastes so rich you won’t miss your regular order! The sauce is so thick and rich, it’s like it’s been simmering in a pot for hours!
This dish is perfect as it is, but you could easily add in some extra veggies to it if you wish.
Top Tips to Make This Easy Orange chicken Recipe
- Cut the chicken breast into similar sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Let the chicken pieces sit in the soy sauce mix for 10 minutes before adding to the wok.
- Use free run / organic chicken if you can.
- Serve immediately.
Easy Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh onion chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Orange glaze ingredients:
- 10 ounces orange marmalade
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp worchester sauce
- Wash chicken breast and cut it into bite size pieces
- Transfer chicken to a bowl
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, baking soda and tapioca starch
- Coat chicken pieces evenly and let them sit for 10 minutes
- Heat a wok with sesame oil, on medium heat
- Add the chicken in the wok and let it cook on one side first for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Turn chicken pieces and cook on the opposite side for another 5-6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low
- Meanwhile prepare the orange glaze. In a small bowl, combine orange marmalade, juice of lime, hot sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and worchester sauce
- Mix with a fork until all glaze ingredients are combined
- Add orange glaze to the chicken
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes
- Sprinkle with fresh onion and sesame seeds
- Serve with steamed or boiled rice on the side and enjoy!