This wholesome chicken salad is a festival of flavors and textures. Succulent baked chicken, sweet potatoes and avocados are served on a bed of leafy greens, all drizzled with a homemade tahini dressing.
This delicious bowl of goodness is packed with great textures and amazing flavors! Great for a substantial lunch or hearty dinner. Read on for how to make this Easy Chicken Salad with Sweet potatoes and an awesome lime and honey tahini dressing!
How To Make This Easy Chicken Salad – Step By Step
For the tahini dressing, add tahini, honey, balsamic vinegar, juice of lime, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a jar
A Versatile Chicken Dish
This makes a perfect portable lunch, as it can be served chilled or at room temperature (making it an ideal meal for travelling!). It’s also delicious on its own and serves one as an entrée . And it would also make a delicious side to mains!
A One Sheet Meal
This meal comes together easily in 50 minutes. Roasting the chicken and sweet potatoes on one sheet. While they roast you can toss the salad greens and other veg in a bowl then just combine it all with the delicious tahini dressing. It is an easy process and a foolproof recipe!
If you are feeling extra hungry, and want to save some time, you could cook the sweet potato in the microwave and you could use store-bought rotisserie chicken instead of cooking chicken breasts.
Can You Freeze Cooked Chicken Breast?
Yes, but tight wrapping is especially advised if you’re freezing the chicken for more than two months. Leftover cooked chicken can be refrigerated for up to four days or frozen for up to four months. Make sure not to leave it out for more than two hours once purchased or cooked.
Top Tips For This Easy Chicken Salad with Sweet Potatoes
- Make sure to line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Make sure to shake the dressing well!
- This salad is also perfect for meal prep. It saves well so you can make it on Sunday and have it for the week.
- Throw some sesame seeds on for extra garnish and bite.
Check Out These Other Delicious Salad Recipes
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Have you tried this Easy Chicken Salad recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Chicken and Sweet Potato Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cups Boston lettuce
- 1 cup leaf lettuce
- 200 g sweet potato chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 cup yellow pear cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado sliced
For tahini dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper according to taste
For baked chicken:
- Preheat oven at 160C/320F
- Peel and chop sweet potato in bite size pieces
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Add coconut oil in a cup. Melt in microwave at 10 second intervals
- Add chicken and sweet potato on baking paper
- Drizzle coconut oil on top
- Sprinkle onion powder and rosemary leaves
- Bake for 30 minutes at 160C/320F
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven
- Turn chicken and sweet potatoes
- Carefully put back in oven and bake for another 20 minutes
- Wash Boston, leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes
- Slice avocado
- Add lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, baked chicken and sweet potatoes in a large salad bowl
- Add cranberries
- Drizzle tahini dressing. Mix and enjoy!
For tahini dressing:
- Add tahini, honey, balsamic vinegar, juice of lime, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a jar
- Shake well until all ingredients are well combined
- Drizzle over salad