Curried chicken salad is a flavor packed easy recipe that you NEED to try! It’s a variation from a plain old chicken salad that I just can’t get enough of. Try it on a croissant for lunch today!
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
If you like curry, you’re going to love this curry chicken salad. It has all the flavors of your favorite Indian dish in a simple, easy to make sandwich filling!
There’s no need to get your curry fix from a takeout restaurant – instead, make this delicious, diet friendly chicken salad recipe.
The ingredients in this recipe are fresh, flavorful, and guilt free. It’s the perfect lunch!
Why You’ll Love this Curry Chicken Salad Recipe:
- Healthy: The dressing uses Greek yogurt for the smooth texture and is naturally sweetened with honey. The chicken salad itself has ingredients like celery and almonds. This is a sandwich you won’t feel bad about later!
- Easy to make: It only takes three very simple steps to whip up this incredible chicken salad recipe.
- Satisfying: This is a healthy lunch (or dinner) that will actually fill you up. Skip the other lackluster diet friendly meals, and treat yourself to this delicious sandwich instead!
How to make Curried Chicken Salad
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve on your favorite bread, or in lettuce wraps to make it low-carb. Enjoy!
How long will it stay fresh?
This homemade curry chicken salad will stay fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge! Just be sure to keep it in an airtight container or baggy so it doesn’t dry out.
You can also keep this curry chicken salad in your freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve it, just let it thaw in the fridge overnight, and it should be good as new!
What else can I add to this chicken salad recipe?
There are plenty of ways to personalize this recipe to your tastes! For example, if you’re not an almond fan, you can replace them with chopped cashews. And if you don’t have any honey on hand, maple syrup also does the trick.
For added sweetness, try adding some chopped, seedless red grapes to your salad!
What other ways can I serve this chicken salad?
My favorite way to enjoy this chicken salad is on a croissant, or on a lettuce wrap! However, it’s also delicious on pita bread or toasted sourdough.
You could also use this recipe as a dip for entertaining! Just place the chicken salad in a large serving bowl, and serve it with your favorite crackers. It’s quite the crowd pleaser!
Recipe Tips and Notes
- When using lemon juice, make sure you’re getting the juice from a freshly squeezed lemon (or lime)! The flavor from an actual lemon is always fresher and more delicious than the bottled juice.
- Allowing the chicken salad to sit in the fridge for about an hour before serving is great if you want it to be nice and cold. Just remember to keep it in an airtight container during that time.
- Don’t have time to actually cook the chicken? Just grab a rotisserie from the store!
This curry chicken salad sandwich has really changed the lunch game in my house! I love a good light, refreshing, yet crazy flavorful dish, and that’s exactly what this recipe is.
And to be honest, although it started as my favorite lunch recipe, I’ve been making this chicken sandwich for dinner lately, too! It’s so good, I crave it all day long.
More Chicken Sandwich recipes we love
- Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Juicy Skillet Chicken Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
If you’ve made this recipe, please be sure to let us know by leaving a star rating or a comment below. Enjoy!
Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon or lime
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of salt and pepper
For the Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, almonds, raisins, celery, and green onions.
- Serve on your favorite bread or in lettuce wraps.