Marinated Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos are a unique and tasty taco recipe your entire family will love. Corn, chicken, and fresco cheese make these Marinated Chicken Tacos a family favorite.
Mexican Chicken Tacos
Trust me, this is the taco recipe of champions.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos feature marinated spiced chicken pieces, a fresh corn and tomato salsa, plus the zing of queso fresco. Flavor explosion you’ll never see coming!
This Marinated Tacos recipe will re-write everything you thought you knew about tacos. Who needs ground beef, sour cream, and salsa from a jar? This fun-loving spin on the taco you know and love will have you considering turning every meal into taco format.
Favorite Chicken Taco Recipes
There are many amazing taco recipes out there, and now chicken and corn tacos can be added to the list. Some of our other favorites include:
If you’re in the mood for an amazing Traditional Mexican Taco Recipe, these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos are for you. Bright flavors and easy prep make these tacos perfect for game day, appetizers, lunch, or even a delicious dinner recipe for the entire family.
How to assemble Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos:
There is an art, and science, in creating the perfect chicken taco. Here’s how to break down the elements of chicken and corn tacos:
- Tortilla: Both the foundation and the glue, the tortilla holds all the other elements together and makes it possible to get all the delicious components together in one bite.
- Meat: Many traditional tacos are made with ground beef, cubed chicken breast is a healthy and inexpensive alternative. A powerful marinade penetrates the chicken and gives it loads of flavor. By searing the pieces on the stovetop, they get a nice crispy outer crust that gives both a crunch factor as well as a smoky flavor.
- Salsa: A quick salsa with roasted corn, tomatoes, cilantro mixed with white wine vinegar and lime juice makes a fresh topping that gives great texture and a burst of flavor.
- Cheese: Bring the necessary balance to smoky meat and zesty salsa. Queso fresco has a salty, tangy flavor but still brings a creaminess when combined with the other taco components.
- Toppings: For added brightness and flavor, the green tops of the scallions are the last remaining layer to chicken and corn tacos.
Looking for more Easy Mexican Recipes to try?
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (Chicken Sweet Potato Enchiladas)
This HEALTHY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS Recipe (Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchiladas) are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy Mexican night! We love these tasty sweet potato black bean enchiladas and make them on the regular.
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls (Southwest Egg Rolls)
Baked Southwest Chicken Egg Rolls are packed with seasoned chicken and veggies, then baked until crispy and golden brown. Southwest Egg Rolls are served with an avocado dipping sauce, which is easy and perfect!
Baked Chicken Fajitas (Healthy Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe)
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are one of our favorite healthy dinners! These baked chicken fajitas are lighter in calories and fat, but still packed with flavor.
Easy Southwest Chicken Bake
This Southwest Chicken Bake is an easy chicken recipe perfect for dinner any night of the week. With just a few ingredients and one dish, you can have the most delicious chicken dinner.
Ingredients for this Mexican Chicken Marinade:
The chicken in these Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos is marinaded in the most KILLER quick and easy Mexican Garlic Marinade. It’s utterly delicious and you can use it from everything from baked chicken, to these tacos! Here are the ingredients for our favorite Chicken Taco Marinade:
- Vegetable oil
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Roasted Garlic Powder
You simply combine all the ingredients and allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 3 hours before making your tacos. SO WORTH IT, trust me!
I hope we have sold you on these amazing Cilantro Lime Chicken tacos. Marinated Chicken makes for the ULTIMATE Mexican Chicken Tacos, and I hope you give them a try!
Still looking for more easy chicken recipes? Here are some faves!
- Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
- Honey Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken in White Wine Sauce
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Easy Chicken Piccata
- Marinated Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast
Marinated Cilantro Lime Chicken TacosPrint Pin Rate
For the Marinade
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Tacos
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite sizes pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted corn frozen and cooked or freshly grilled
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 3 scallions thinly sliced with white and green parts separated
- 6 soft flour tortillas
- 6 ounces queso fresco
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Add all marinade ingredients to a large resealable bag. Add chicken breast pieces, close tightly, and shake vigorously to coat. Refrigerate 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated chicken and cook, stirring, until pieces are fully cooked and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice, and sugar. Add corn, tomato, white parts of scallions, and corn.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and add tortillas one at a time. Cook about 1 minute until charred in spots, flip. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Assemble tacos by placing a tortilla on a place and topping with chicken, corn salsa, queso fresco, and remaining green parts of scallions. Serve with a lime wedge.
This recipe was contributed from Sarah at Salt Jar. Thanks Sarah!