This colorful Chinese Chicken Salad recipe is loaded with Asian flavors, such as hoisin, soy sauce and sesame oil and so easy to make! Packed with succulent chicken, crunchy veggies and yummy noodles, this dish will quickly become a weekly staple.
This Easy Chinese Chicken Salad is fast, fresh and delicious! The chicken, veggies and noodles are all tossed in a divine salad dressing. This version of the popular restaurant and deli dish could well stop you from ordering take out!
How To Make This Chicken Salad Recipe – Step By Step
The Best Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
I love the colorful mix of salad – cabbage, pistachios and carrots. The vibrancy jumps off the plates and really makes you want to tuck in!
The chicken is always great in salad, it’s filling and delicious. I also love the fried noodles nestling of my salad, which add amazing crunchy texture to the salad.
Add Ins For This Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
This salad is so incredibly versatile. You can add in all kinds of other delicious goodies, for more flavors and textures! Here are a few ideas:
- Snap peas
- Red bell pepper, shredded or diced
- Water chestnuts
- Poppy Seeds
- Chopped peanuts
- Asian pear
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe – A Make Ahead Meal
You can scale this salad up or down. The recipe ca make a big, family-style salad. If you’re serving a smaller crowd that works too. You can keep the components separate in the refrigerator for a few days of awesome lunch leftovers.
Top Tips For This Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- You can use rotisserie chicken and shred the meat (discarding the skin). It’s fast, fresh and just enough meat for 4 to 6 servings.
- You can swap the noodles for crispy wonton shreds.
- Make extra vinaigrette. It keeps for up to two weeks in the refrigerator and it is crazy good as a marinade.
- If you want a spicier dressing, you can use a teaspoon or teo of chili sauce/chili oil.
Check Out These Other Chicken Salad Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
If you have tried this Chinese Chicken Salad recipe, or any other recipe on my blog, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups purple cabbage sliced
- 2 carrots shredded
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Boil noodles for 2 minutes until soft, then remove from water
- In a small pot add olive oil
- Heat oil on medium high heat
- Add noodles
- Fry for 6-8 minutes until crispy
- Carefully remove from oil and place on kitchen paper to remove excess oil
For chinese salad:
- Cut chicken breast into strips
- Coat with sesame oil, garlic and onion powder
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat
- Add chcken stips and cook for 6 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Remove and set aside
- In a large salad bowl add purple sliced cabbage, shredded carrots and fried noodles
- Add cooked chicken
- Sprinkle pistachios
- Drizzle salad dressing and enjoy!
For salad dressing:
- In a medium sized jar add garlic powder, hoisin sauce, white vinegar, sesame oil, sweet soy sauce and sesame seeds
- Shake well and drizzle over salad
This recipe was contributed by Michaella at Well + Yum.