Chicken Spiedini is worth firing up your grill for! Tender bites of white meat chicken are seasoned with Italian flavors and grilled to tender, juicy perfection in just a few minutes. The best part, though, is the buttery amogio sauce on the side!
What’s in this Chicken Spiedini Recipe
Chicken is tossed in a very simple, yet bold marinade before being grilled and served with the best amogio sauce. All of these ingredients are delightfully simple – you won’t find any unnecessary frills here!
- Chicken Breasts: They’ll need to be cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Olive Oil: Try to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- White Wine: Learn everything you need to know about which wines to cook with HERE! You can also swap this ingredient with chicken broth if you’d like.
- Herbs: You’ll need fresh rosemary and dried oregano to create the very best herbaceous flavor.
- Lemon: After zesting a lemon, squeeze the juice and add it to the sauce for more flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Go very light with your salt! It can be easy to make the chicken too salty. Also, freshly cracked black pepper will create the best flavor.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: This is the ingredient that really makes the consistency of the chicken so good!
- Parmesan Cheese: For the BEST flavor and consistency, use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
PRO TIP: Be sure to soak your skewers in some water for at least 30 minutes before you place them on the grill with the pieces of chicken attached to them.
What is amogio sauce?
Amogio sauce is a flavorful Italian sauce added to different meats, including this incredible chicken recipe. It consists of olive oil, garlic, butter, chopped parsley, and other fresh ingredients. It has that perfect buttery taste that pairs wonderfully with chicken.
Chicken spiedini is an American dish first created by Camillo Iacovelli, Agostino Iacovelli, and Peter Sharak. It consists of seasoned diced chicken in a fresh buttery sauce cooked on skewers.
Spiedini can be translated from Italian as skewer!
While this dish is bursting with Italian flavors, was created by Italian chefs and has an Italian name, it was technically created in America. So yes, it’s Italian in every way but geographically!
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store your leftover chicken spiedini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave, air fryer, or oven until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Store cooled chicken spiedini in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Don’t forget to date and label!
Chicken spiedini with amogio sauce is great for serving with Italian-inspired side dishes like Italian pasta salad or Olive Garden salad with copycat dressing!
More Italian Chicken Recipes We Love
- Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo
- Caprese Chicken
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Easy Chicken Piccata
Chicken Spiedini with Amogio Sauce
For the chicken skewers:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine optional
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Zest of 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ Cup grated parmesan cheese
For the Amogio Sauce:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, olive oil, wine, rosemary, oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place in the fridge to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Once marinated, toss in the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese until well coated. Skewer the chicken onto bamboo or metal skewers and set aside.
- Heat your grill pan over medium-high heat until warm. Brush on some oil to prevent the skewers from sticking. Grill the skewers for 4 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, add all the amogio sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan. Simmer, the remove from the heat. Serve alongside the skewers.
- In place of the wine, you can also use chicken broth.
- For the lemon juice in the sauce, juice the lemon you zested for the skewers!
- If cooking on a barbecue, soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using. If using a grill pan, you can skip this step.
Leave a Review